In the heart of the Medina..AnaYela is a small, 300-year-old city palace in the heart of the Medina, the historic city of Marrakesh. “Ana Yela” translates literally as “I am Yela” and the architecture tells the story of a girl called Yela who once lived in this house.
The restoration of the building took months and was carried out using only traditional Moroccan craftsmanship, for which Marrakesh is famous throughout the world. All of the work was carried out by hand, without the use of electric tools, by more than 100 artisans.
AnaYela consists of three rooms and two suites, providing accommodation for 10 guests. The first floor is air-conditioned. Due to the typical open plan design on the ground floor, air conditioning is not necessary, and it remains cool even in the hottest temperatures. Each room is individually decorated, and the suites also have brick-built baths for two.
As a result the house as a whole is a spectacular piece of art in itself. Here all one’s senses are beguiled and inspirational energies and emotions are awoken and set free in this unique atmosphere.
Marrakech - The Red City"It´s the most lovely spot in the world" said Winston Curchill to Franklin D Roosevelt about Marrakech in 1943.
The Red City has remained hip ever since, reaching its peak in the 1960´s, when the first wave of bohemians rode the Marrakech Express at full throttle. Yves Saint Laurent was one and is patron of one its loveliest sights, the Majorelle Gardens. What is it that makes the desert city so appealing? Perhaps it´s because Marrakech is one of the few short-haul destinations where winter sun is guaranteed. Or may bet he permissive attitude that prevails – if Morocco ist the most liberal Arab country, Marrakech is its ne plus ultra. Its mesmerising souks, gracious cafés, decadent nightclubs and exotic vitality are there to be enjoyed, and the AnaYela is in the heart of the Medina.
In the RyadThe small tower on the terrace played an important role in the story of the AnaYela. On the ‘Flying Carpet’, one of the highest points in the city, lovers would meet. Breakfast or dinner with a fantastic panoramic view is an unforgettable experience. And those who know the magic words may fly on the Flying Carpet themselves over the roofs of the Red City.
- The Flying Carpet
- Restaurant in house
- Large roof terrace with authentic nomad tent
- Swimming pool heated
- Massage in room
Touristic ServicesA trip to Marrakesh is a magical journey through space and time. The surrounding area also offers unique sites and landscapes. Whether it be snowboarding in the High Atlas (around 1 hour away by car to a beautiful ski resort at 3500m above sea level, with various chairlifts and pistes), or a day by the sea at Essaouira, a picturesque coastal resort (two hours by car), or an overnight trip into the Sahara, staying in nomad tents (3-day excursion), we will put together a tailor-made programme to take you to Morocco’s top tourist sites. Get in touch with the hotel before your visit, and they will arrange a package for you, Full-Service-Planning included.
- Driver hire, 7-seater 4x4 with driver
- A traditional Moroccan evening meal of the finest cuisine
- Personal Shopper
- Open air cinema
- I-pod with mini speakers
Things to do
- Traditional soiree with live music, middle-eastern dance, storyteller, snake-charmers etc.
- Guided tour in Medina
- Daily tours to the mountains or the ocean
Chapter 1 & Chapter 2
Lovely cosy and comfortable rooms with view indoors on the patio.
Richley decorated room with a double queen size bed.
Chapter 4 & Chapter 5
Lovely decorated suite from ancient Moroccan history with small view onto patio area.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include airport transfer.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include use of the Nomad tent and Flying carpet.
- Rates mentioned exclude service charge & guest tax.
- Full board possible at extra cost.
- Half board possible at extra cost.
- AnaYela is closed between 22nd of July to 23rd of August.
Extra Rate Information
- If you book the Deluxe, Superior or Suite they have a 10% reduction for 3 days stay and 15% for 7 days stay.
- Room service and laundry.
- Laptop hire.
- Wireless LAN and DSL connection throughout the building.
- Flat screen TV in the lounge.
- Printer and fax.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- A deposit of 30% is needed after the booking.
- Bookings must be cancelled or modified 30 days prior to arrival day to avoid a fee of 30% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 29 - 0 days prior to arrival date they will charge a cancellation fee of 30% of the total booked amount including tax.
- A No-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount including tax.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.