The Manor House a B&B near PortoThis very charming B&B near Porto is not a mere rental accommodation or a family run guest house, it is not mere rural tourism, it is not a hotel. The Solar Egas Moniz “Charming House & Local Experiences” is the result of the dream of a family from the north of Portugal: the Vinha Family.
The Solar Egas Moniz, whose atmosphere is contemporary even though respecting tradition, is cozy, familiar, intimate and it will be the starting point to a unique and unforgettable guest experience. Special nifty careful decorative details will be waiting for you to surprise you and arise good sensations… agreeable messages which are discovered without noticing, cozy corners which invite peace and laziness.
There are 10 double-rooms available in the Manor House, a reception with a library heated with a salamander, a breakfast room and Enoteca, a wine’s place with a sitting room and with a fireplace. Outside there is a children’s playground and you can also enjoy the swimming pool, the organic garden created to provide a stay with peace and tranquility in a rural environment. You can use the wood, help yourself in their self-service corner situated in the corridor of the “popular wing” where microwave, mini-bar, coffee, tea and biscuits are at your disposal. Throughout the house there is a wireless internet (also in the gardens) without any additional cost.
The Municipality of PenafielThe municipality of Penafiel is located in the north of Portugal, in the most central part of the Oporto district, in an area where everything is green..... The rivers Tâmega and Sousa flow to the Douro, the great river that runs through the region. Considered one of the major rivers of the Iberian Peninsula, the grapes that made Port Wine famous are cultivated on it's slopes.
The municipality of Penafiel is limited on it’s north side by Lousada, northeast by Amarante, east by Marco de Canaveses, south By Castelo de Paiva and west by Gondomar and Paredes. The city of Penafiel is the 2nd oldest city in the north of the country. Until the reign of King Joseph I, it was known as Arrifana de Sousa. By royal charter of March 3, 1770, it became a city and it’s name was changed to Penafiel. Paço de Sousa is one of the 38 parishes of Penafiel. The Solar Egas Moniz is located in this village.
Distances by Car
- Porto: 30 minutes
- Vila Real: 1 hour
- Galicia, Coimbra, Chaves: 1.5 hours
- Brangaca: 2.5 hours
- Lisbon: 3 hours
- Vale do Côa, The ancient Rock Art of Côa: 150 km
- Douro Wine Region: 57 km to Mesão Frio, 79 km to Vila Real, 165 Km to Torre de Moncorvo
4560-380 Penafiel Paço de Sousa
What's there to enjoy?There are 10 double-rooms available in the Manor House, a reception with a library, a breakfast room and enoteca, a wine’s place with a sitting room and a fireplace. Outside there is a children’s playground and you can also enjoy the swimming pool. The organic garden is created to provide a stay with peace and tranquility in a rural environment.
The Tapas 'petiscos'For those days you fust don't feel like going out and prefer to stay around, Solar Moniz will serve you the best tapas from the region just at your table, accompanied by a good glas of wine.
EnotecaA wine tasting place in intimate atmosphere, combining antique and modern decoration with wooden tables from Portuguese rustic taverns as well as contemporary sofa's and fireplace to 'warm the souls'.
For the ChildrenThey have a mission to provide the little ones with a true contact with nature and life in the fields. That is why they have developed a series of activities thinking about them:
- A children's place with swings, slides, a wooden-house recreates a kind of enchanted world of the little ones.
- A small corner of the swimming pool.
- A biologic garden where children can interact and learn more about the crops.
- A place where children can paint freely.
- Babysitter and activities for children (on request).
- Every day they provide a healthy home-made soup with local products only thinking of the little ones.
- And whatever you wish, just ask them!
- Bar & Restaurant
- Wine tasting (on request)
- Workshop introduction to Embroidery Lover's Scarf
- Bicycles, binoculars, picnic in the field (on request)
- Transfers (on request)
- Events and business meetings possible
Things to do nearby
- Romanesque route, including more than 50 Romanesque monuments, built from the 10th century.
- Romanesque route by BTT/Moutain bike with expert guide.
- Gastronomic Discover: great restaurants nearby.
- Avelada Farm, a family business producing wines of renowned quality (9 km).
- Thermal Welfare / Spa, known for the quality of its waters, dating back to the Romans (9 km).
- Amarante Water Park, largest waterpark of the Iberian Peninsula.
- Magikland 4 Kids (7 km).
- Rafting Paiva River.
- Horseback riding (15 km).
- Surf (35 km).
Rooms with great light.
Elegant rooms overlooking the valley.
The Ex-libris of the house.
Popular Art Room
Modern styled rooms.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Euro (EUR).
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include service charge & VAT.
- Half board possible at extra costs.
- This B&B is on request.
- Rates can be changed without prior notice.
- Minumum stay of 2 nights from 1st of July - 31st of August in Popular Art rooms, Historical rooms or Junior Suite.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights from 1st of July - 31st of August in the Family rooms.
- Saturday nights in Moderate season are higher +/- EUR 10 per room per night.
Extra Bed Policy
- Extra bed is EUR 20 per night.
- Cots are free and subject to availability.
- Pets are allowed on request (EUR 10 per day).
- To guarantee the booking they require a deposit of 30% of the total booked amount.
- The deposit is non refundable.
- If you cancel 7 days or more prior to arrival date there is no cancellation fee (with exception to the 30% deposit which is non refundable).
- If you cancel less than 7 days prior to arrival date they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel less than 2 days prior to arrival date they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.