A windmillAl Mulino is set in a historic renovated windmill, just outside of Maasmechelen. For business travelers a perfect stay to spend the night in a place where two worlds meet. Al Mulino offers accommodation for guests who get to enjoy a modern, timeless interior in a historical setting.
The renovated mill on Molenveldstraat in Maasmechelen forms the authentic heart of an atmospheric, extremely qualitative hotel with 14 rooms. Business people feel right at home. Those looking for an atmospheric stay with a modern touch will be able to enjoy pure gastronomy at Al Mulino and an equally delightful wine bar with a Mediterranean touch.
National Park the Hoge KempenNational Park Hoge Kempen, is the first National park in Flanders, Belgium. The area is mostly heathland, which is an historic landscape and is a pine forest. In May 2011 it was placed on UNESCO World Heritage Site. De Hoge Kempen is just 8 km from Al Molino.
AL Mulino is located just outside Maasmechelen and 10 minutes from Maastricht.
How to get there
- Maastricht Airport is 16 km.
- Liege Airport is 48 km.
- Bruxelles is 100 km.
- Genk trainstation is 18 km.
- Maastricht trainstaion 10 km.
- From the E314 it is 3 km.
- Approx. 10 km from Maastricht.
Restaurant Al MulinoTheir mission is to surprise you with their classic dishes at a high culinary level, such as the Mediterranean dishes. Flavors are more important than a dressed up plate. Al Mulino's restaurant has a recommendation in Guide Michelin 2014.
Wine bar AL MulinoIn their wine bar you can have a nice afternoon or evening while drinking an aperitif or have a small bite from their card. The perfect place where everybody is welcome to enjoy the evening. Combine it with a nice dinner to enjoy the Al Mulino experience.
During the summer you can enjoy your drink or dinner on their beautiful terrace.
- Meeting room up to 45 persons
- Sound system
- Day arrangements
- Residential arrangements
- Wine bar
- Reserved parking for electric car
- Bicycle box
- Luggage/bag storage
Things to do at location or nearby
- Visiting the old Mill
- National park De Hoge Kempen
- Maasmechelen Village shopping outlet
- Mergelland Route
- Museum of the Mines
- Cablepark and Kayak
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 person sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Euro (EUR).
- Rates mentioned include service taxes.
- Rates mentioned include hotel taxes.
- Rates mentioned exclude city taxes.
- Rates mentioned exclude in-room breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include Free Wi-Fi.
- The restaurant is open for lunch on Wedsnesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday from 12.00h until 14.00h.
- The restaurant is open for dinner Wednesday until Sunday from 18.00h until 21.30h.
- The Winebar is open daily for a drink from 10.00h until 22.00h.
- The wine bar is open daily for lunch from 12.00h until 14.00h menu available Italian Aperitivo style.
- The Winebar is open daily for dinner from 18.00h until 21.30h menu available Italian Aperitif style.
- Al Mulino is open all year round.
- The restaurant is closed on 24th & 31st of December.
Extra Bed Policy
- An extra bed for children between 0 - 4 years is EUR 15 incl. breakfast.
- An extra bed for children between 4 - 15 years is EUR 25 excl. breakfast.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- If you cancel 3 days prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 2 -1 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel within 24 hours (local time) prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show is a 100% penalty charge of the total booked amount.
Great hospitality, fantastic dining
We stayed in this nice boutique hotel between Christmas 2015 and New Year. What a friendly and enthousiast hospitality! General manager Paolo and his team made our stay a true high level Italian culinar experience. The fine Italian food and wines were presented by Paolo and the passionated cooks. We enjoyed it all very much and even bought some of the wines we tasted. The hotel is very good to stay at when you are visiting Maastricht in Limburg in the Netherlands or when you are in Belgium. All you need is there and the quality and hospitality will be beyond your expectations without a doubt! Although the town Maasmechelen is not the most fancy place to stay at, the hotel itself and the restaurant are even more. Paolo and Linda, thanks for all, we will come back. Greetings, Wouter