Ktima BellouLocated on the undiscovered side of Western Olympus, Ktima Bellou is a "green" hotel that follows the philosophy of agrotourism, without lacking convenience and high standard services. It extends on a slope of 12 acres’ organic cultivations with domestic animals.
The Macedonian architecture hotel, constructed by local traditional craftsmen with natural materials, consists of 6 apartments and 4 double-room houses dotting the hill. The apartments have private balconies or patios, while the houses have their own patio and garden. All hotel rooms feature a fireplace and are decorated with traditional handmade furniture, carpets and curtains. All-natural linen and bed-mattresses offer a healthy and quality sleep.
The hotel’s Restaurant offers mountain, classical and creative greek cuisine using organic ingredients coming from the farm or carefully selected local producers. Menu changes day by day depending on availability of fresh and seasonal products.
Ktima Bellou features a Café and a multifunctional room, suitable for small conferences or retreats, outdoors there is a swimming-pool and a playground. During summer, guests can also participate in traditional greek “pita” seminars or essential oil distillation using farm's herbs.
The hotel is situated in a location of unspoilt beauty, easily accessible by the visitor who wants to explore the greek mainland and experience the most virgin side of the mythical mountain. The area has a rich mythological and historical background and guests can use Ktima Bellou as a base to enjoy contact with nature, arrange athletic activities and visit archaeological sites, monuments and places of interest. Ktima Bellou is the ideal destination for the guest that wishes to enjoy a calm and hospitable family environment close to nature, away from crowds.
Ktima Bellou has been awarded by the International Hotel Awards in the category Best Small Hotel in Greece 2012-2013.
The hotel offers a real quality sleep experience. All rooms are eqipped with all-natural three-layer beds (bed matress - matress - top matreess) - one of Coco-mat's top sleep systems - and two pillow types to choose from. Ktima Bellou uses infra-red radiant ceiling heating panels as its main heating system, being the first hotel in Greece using this innovative techonology. Infrared radiant heating is environmentally friendly and healthy for people (the same technology is used for therapeutic purposes) and creates a warm ambience without producing any noise.
Ktima Bellou is located between Mr. Olympus, the mountain of the Gods, and the Pierian mountains, the mountains of the Muses, 3 km outside the village of Agios Dimitrios.
How to get there
- Thessaloniki's International Airport SKG - 137 km.
By CarFrom Thessaloniki total distance is 116km
- National Road Thessaloniki-Athens
- At the 68th kilometer, before the underground tunnel, turn to Katerini
- Do not enter the city of Katerini; take the Old National Road Thessaloniki-Athens via Elassona
- At the 38th km, 3 km from the village of Agios Dimitrios, Pieria, you can find Ktima Bellou
From Athens or Larissa total distance is 420km
- National Road Athens-Thessaloniki
- At the 359th kilometer, turn towards Larissa
- From Larissa follow the Old National Road Athens-Thessaloniki through Elassona
- About 90 km from Larissa towards Katerini, 3 km before the village of Dimitrios, Pieria, you can find Ktima Bellou
From Athens - 90 km from Larissa
By public transport: Buses towards Agios Dimitrios start from Katerini and Elassona on a daily basis. A stop can be done just in front of our hotel, upon request.
A taxi transfer can gladly be arranged upon request.
60100 Agios Dimitrios, Pieria
Restaurant & Special eventsThe hotel's restaurant is open for
guests everyday from 13.00 till 22.30 at night. Vegetarian options are
available. Special menus with food allergies or particular dietary requirements
can be gladly prepared upon request. Outside visitors are welcome with a prior
reservation. Restaurant is also open for special events and receptions of up to
The hotel's multifunctional room hosts
art exhibitions and cultural events, as well as business meetings and
conferences of up to 50 people.
Ktima Bellou is located on Mt Olympus' countryside - not in a residential area - but very close to traditional villages. Gas station and pharmacy are situated in a distance of 3km, in the village of Agios Dimitrios. The nearest city is Katerini (36 km), while Thessaloniki is only 90 min away.
- Organic Restaurant - offers local mountain, classical and creative cuisine
- Café - Bar
- Outdoor swimming pool (summer months)
- Multifunctional room hosting Art Exhibitions and cultural events
- Small lending library & board games
- Outdoor playground
- Outdoor table tennis
- Outdoor archery equipment
- Outdoor car parking, free
- Easy acces for people with psychical of disabilities
- Business meetings facilities
- Walk in their kitchen garden, in the herb garden, in the strawberry, bean and asparagus fields, in the walnut trees and the orchards
- Free Wi-Fi
HikingHiking on unspoilt paths or marked trails of Olympus and the Pierian Mountains Cycling trails, mountain bicycles are offered to guests at no additional cost 4x4 routes and car tours.
Many visits to..Visit to nearby traditional villages and local wineries or visit the historical monasteries of Olympus and old Byzantine churches.
A trip to Macedonia's major archaeological sites, Dion
(40 km) and Vergina (73 km) or a day trip to the world heritage site of Meteora rocks (117 km).
ToursThe hotel can gladly arrange guided tours upon request: Trekking, climbing, canyoning, ski mountaineering activities with a licenced mountain guide on Mt Olympus. Sightseeing tours with a licenced tourist guide and Hot air baloon & helicopter tours.
- Climbing and Trekking
- Canoyoning at the Waterfalls of Orlias stream
- Skiing during winter months in Elatochori ski resort - 40 km
- Trekking - paths around Ktima Bellou
- Swimming in the natural lakes and waterfalls of Orlias area
- Mountain biking - Ktima Bellou provides bikes at no additional costs
- 4x4 routes and car tours
- Archaelogical sites
Extra InformationPeople with physical disabilities have easy access to the ground floor of the main hotel building - where the reception, restaurant and café are located - and can be hosted in the specially designed house.
Apartment with view of Mt. Olympus.
Double apartment with hot tub
Apartment with private balcony & hot tub.
Apartment with a patio and great views.
House with a patio and garden.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include hotel taxes, service charges and city taxes.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Half board option is available.
- They accept payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard) Banktransfer and cash.
- This property is on request.
- The property is open all year round.
Double apartments cannot
accommodate any additional people or infants.
- Additional people/infants can be accommodated in the triple apartment or in a house, upon previous request.
- The triple apartment can accommodate 1 additional person in a single
sofa-bed, equipped with a normal-dimensions single Coco-mat sleep mattress.
- The houses can accommodate up to 2 additional people in the living-room (the two sofas are equipped with
normal-dimensions single Coco-mat sleep mattresses).
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- For infants up to 2 years a babycot is provided upon request.
Extra Bed Policy
- Extra costs bed for a child between 0-2 years is free.
- Extra cost bed for a child between 2-18 years or adult is EUR 20 per night incl. breakfast.
- Pets are welcome.
- Pets are allowed in the houses upon previous request.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- A refundable deposit of 30% is needed to guarantee the booking.
- Credit card details shall be used to cover cancellation charges, early departures and no shows.
- If you cancel your booking 21 days prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel less than 21 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- A no show is a 100% penalty charge of the total booked amount.
- Early departure is a 50% penalty charge of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.