A simpler way of livingTierra Chiloé’s
sustainable architecture reflects traditional local houses built on stilts over
the water. With a warm atmosphere and a friendly team of staff, the hotel
invites guests to step back in time and discover a slower pace of life.
Visiting Chiloé is stepping back in time to a simpler way of living. Islanders live off the land and pass down myths and legends from generation to generation - superstitions abound. Food is farm fresh, with seasonal produce and the catch of the day. Chilean wines complement dishes and local specialities. The hotel offers all inclusive programmes with accommodation in one of the 24 cosy rooms available. Activities include walks, hikes, horseback rides and sailing on our private vessel, complete with kayaks and bicycles on board. Guests can discover remote islands, meet the local people and explore the historic Jesuit wooden churches, which are World Heritage Sites.
In the evening, gather around the cosy fireplaces to swap stories and watch the sun set over the distant hills.
Chiloé is Certified "S" for Sustainability with the Distinction
CastroSet on a peninsula which is 30 minutes drive from the island's capital, Castro. Views over the inland sea, islands of the archipelago and the Andes mountains in the distance.
How to get thereFly to Castro or Puerto Montt airports, transfers by van (shared with other guests) included in the rate.
FacilitiesWide variety of activities are included in the rate - including hiking, bike riding, horse riding, kayaking. Visits to World Heritage Site churches, nature reserves and authentic interaction with the local people, including ship builders, weavers, wood carvers and gardners.
They offer different types of excursions, half-day or full-day, at different levels of difficulty; multi-disciplinary outings which combine different activities in one excursion. Their carefully planned trips have been hand-selected to provide you with a well-rounded, one-of-a-kind experience. Because the activities are planned daily, their guides are able to come up with a schedule which alternates different types of trips. Cultural excursions, boating, horseback riding, biking, hiking or simply looking around, are just a few of the possibilities awaiting you.
All their trips are handled by bilingual guides working exclusively for the hotel. With a view to making your experience even better, they limit the number of guests to 8 individuals per guide, per activity, thus ensuring you receive personalized and appropriate attention along with a sound level of safety. In addition to offering peace and tranquility through its warm and comfortable interior spaces, they offer the possibility of an unforgettable experience navigating the archipelago’s canals and fjords in a boat specially built for the hotel with superior comfort, design, quality and technology.
Their CuisineThe cuisine at Tierra Chiloé Hotel & Spa includes representative Chiloé dishes, giving you tasty insight into the culinary spirit of this island, which takes full advantage of the excellent local foodstuffs from land and sea.
Relaxation and renewal
Comfortable wood clad rooms with large windows for panoramic view over the ocean.
room per night (incl. tax)
- Rates mentioned are per person per 2 nights based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Single occupancy rate for 2 nights is USD 1800.
- Double occupancy rate for 2 nights is USD 1500.
- Rates mentioned include American breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Rates mentioned include regular transfers.
- Rates mentioned include hotel taxes & city taxes.
- Rates mentioned exclude service charges.
- Rates mentioned include free Wifi.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates and are subject to change without prior notice.
Rates also includeOpen Bar (includes mineral water, sodas, juices, house wine and licors). Premium wines and vintage licors available for an additional cost.
Two half day excursions or one full day excursion daily in small groups with other guests.
Use of sauna and Jacuzzi.
Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- The property is closed from May till September (inclusive).
- The property is suitable for children.
- All inclusive rates are available.
- They accept creditcards and other forms of payment: Paypal, Web Pay and Bank transfers.
- They have a minimum stay of 2 nights.
- They have a minimum stay of 3 nights between the 20th of December till 2nd of January.
- All rates are the same during the seasons.
- Children under 4 years can stay for free in the room with their parents.
- Young children between 4 -11 years can stay for USD 300 in the room with their parents.
- Older children between 12 -17 years can stay for USD 470 in the room with their parents.
- Rates apply for up to one young adult sharing a room with at least one paying adult.
When 2 adults and 2 children/teens stay in separate rooms, each adult pays the individual/single rate and children/teen rates apply.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- To guarantee the booking a refundable deposit of 30% of the total booked amount is required.
- A full pre-payment is required 30 days prior to arrival date.
- If you cancel more than 60 days prior to arrival date, they will not charge a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 59 - 30 days prior to the arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 10% over the total booked amount.
you cancel between 29 - 15 days prior to the arrival date, they will
charge a cancellation fee of 50% over the total booked amount.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% over the total booked amount.
- A no-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.