The best experience everThe magic of the ocean… interacting with the most amazing wildlife… it’s just incredible! And staying on the beach at Océano Patagonia puts you right in the heart of the reserve. Each afternoon after travelling around the Peninsula, you return to enjoy your enormous picture window facing the bay. The whales give you a private show several days. The rooms are new, modern and have a special interior design of recycled wood furniture and, even more, they are totally equipped with all you need to comfortably stay many days.
Eco-friendlyGiven the privilege of their location, they built Océano Patagonia with the
environment in mind. Their walls are made of Retak brick, a special
insulating product that helps maintain ambient temperature and reduce
noise transference between rooms. The condominium uses a water recycling
system so that, in their desert climate, they respect every drop, re-using
this precious resource whenever possible. Rather than heating and
cooling with an system reliant on coal-produced electricity and
transported condensed natural gas, they have installed a Geo-Thermal
system to manage the interior climate of the building and address their
heating, cooling and hot water needs.
They are now installing a solar energy system as an alternative source to further reduce their draw from the electrical grid.
LocationOcéano Patagonia is situated within a natural sanctuary on the beach in Puerto Pirámides, Península Valdés’ only village of approximately 400 people some 75 km along the coast from Puerto Madryn, Chubut Province, Argentina. It is home to a variety of restaurants and pubs, a small grocery store, tour companies, and beaches… all within walking distance of your Wild Coast Residence.
Getting hereFrom Buenos Aires, take a short flight to one of two nearby airports, Puerto Madryn or Trelew. A convenient car service can be arranged for the scenic drive to arrive at Oceéano Patagonia in Puerto Pirámides, or experience the freedom of independent exploration with a rental car. You can also opt to drive the 13 hour trip from Buenos Aires. They are happy to help you make travel and tour arrangements with trusted local service providers. Contact them: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is the best time to come?
- The endangered Southern Right Whale takes shelter to rest and breed in their bay June through December. After the Right Whales leave in January, you can enjoy the breeding colonies of Southern Elephant Seals until April, followed by Southern Sea Lions and the Orcas.
- World-famous for their unique surfing-style of hunting, the Orcas and their calves visits the peninsula throughout the breeding season for both seals and sea lions.
- Colonies of Magellenic Penguins also mate and raise their young along their shores.
- And the dolphins live with them all year.
They want to give you an experience of a lifetime
- Direct beach access patio, or full unobstructed views of the beach and ocean from their balconies (two rooms also have access to the private rooftop terrace)
- High-end finishings
- Daily maid service
- Luxury ecological personal care products are available in each suite
- Continental breakfast is included and delivered to each room, with fresh warm baked bread
- Their VIP Program includes stocking rooms with your favourite items, including Patagonian specialties such as wine, cheeses and smoked trout (their wine selection is managed by their sommelier)
Eco-friendlyThey are a LEED registered project (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), guests that make decisions based on luxury ecological offerings will be pleased to stay with them. Their ecological investments include:
- Geothermic system: so all heating, air-conditioning and hot water is supplied by this incredible source of green renewable energy
- A grey water recycling system: given that they are located in an ecologically sensitive desert region, they have reduced water consumption by 50%
- LED lighting system that utilizes only 20% of the energy required by traditional lighting
- Underground secure parking to reduce visual clutter
- Recycled wood finishings/furniture, a structure built of RETAK insulating brick, and DVH A30 windows and glass doors, so the interior climate is comfortable and soulful
An adventure of a lifetime
Many local beaches, including their own, offer excellent views of the whales right from the shore.
Wildlife SafarisPeninsula Valdes is a World Heritage Site and nature reserve teeming with wildlife: land, sea and air. A variety of tours are offered to provide unique and intimate interaction with these amazing creatures, or take guidance from their concierge and use your own vehicle to explore the peninsula independently.
PenguinsSeveral penguin colonies are easily accessed from the gravel roads of the peninsula. Or visit the historic San Lorenzo sheep farm offering several kilometers of pristine coastline and a breeding colony of approximately 500,000 Magellanic penguins.
DolphinsWitness these playful creatures up close from a comfortable Zodiac boat that leaves from the fishing port of Rawson, via the mouth of the Chubut River.
Sea Lions & Elephant SealsOcéano Patagonia is nestled walking distance from the closest sea lion colony, and several other colonies exist throughout the reserve.
Air & LandPeninsula Valdez and the Chubut River are home to a wide variety of birds, at least 181 species in total, such as: the oystercatcher, king and olivaceous cormorant, crested duck, northern shoveller, antarctic pigeon, and kelp and brown-hooded gulls. Depending on the time of year, you may also see different species of tern, night black crowned herons, ruddy-headed geese and black skimmers, among others. The inner part of the peninsula is inhabited by a variety of animals including: rheas (a relative of the African ostrich), guanacos (related to the llama), dwarf armadillos, southern grey foxes, and maras (a large hare-like animal).
Land ExplorationThere are more than 400 km of gravel roads to explore within the
wildlife sanctuary. Independently or with local tour companies, you can
enjoy unprecedented access to wild beaches, beautiful vistas and the
numerous wild inhabitants on the peninsula. Some excellent destinations
by car: Punta Norte, home to the only continental land-based Elephant
Seal colony in the world; Punta Loma, a rookery of Southern Sea Lions;
and Punta Delgada, at the tip of the Peninsula where an old lighthouse
has been renovated into a hotel.
Hiking and BeachcombingHundreds of kilometers of shoreline offer great wildlife sightings, a variety of pristine beaches, marine fossil viewing, gorgeous sunsets, and varied desert terrain for those who prefer to experience this oasis on foot. Just a short walk from Océano Patagonia is one of the best-known South American Sea Lion colonies which tends to its young from December to March. And Piedra Gaucha, a second long, secluded sandy beach just 5 minutes stroll along our beach. For the more adventurous, Punta Pardelas beach, reached trekking along the cliffs, is located 12 km away and a beautiful location for fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Mountain BikingOver sand dunes and beaches, visit deserted and beautiful locations by mountain bike. Guided programs from half or full days to several days can be arranged to suit every physical level and include all equipment.
Horseback RidingExperience the beach and desert terrain of the peninsula from the back of the famous Argentine Criollo horse, a breed renowned for its stamina, beauty and gentle nature.
Museums & TownsThe province of Chubut has a unique and varied history, both human and prehistoric. Day trips include: visiting the dinosaurs at the museum for Palaentology Egidio Feruglio in Trelew; the UNESCO interpretative centre; having traditional Welsh tea in Gaiman, a small town that guards its language, heritage, and architecture; and farm tours near the beautiful and tranquil town of Dolavan.
KayakingJoin local guides for an interpretive tour of the near ocean and shore marine life, including close encounters with sea lions. Recommended for the entire family. No prior experience needed.
Sandboarding & Standup Paddle Board (SUP)Sand surfing and paddle boarding can be enjoyed in the experienced hands of local trusted experts. Whether calmly paddling in the calm bay or taking a thrilling ride amides the sand dunes, all equipment and instruction is provided. No prior experience needed.
Diving & SnorkelingThe bays near the Océano Patagonia offer crystal-clear, aquarium-like waters for you to explore in the company of sea lions and other mammals and fish within the magical marine world.
Photo SafariJoin other photo enthusiasts for a photo safari unlike any other in the world! Led by a professional specializing in wildlife photography, and with special government-issued permits for the reserve, discover unique vantage points otherwise inaccessible to the public. Capture incredible images of some of the world’s most intriguing species, in their natural habitat. Whether a novice or experiences pro, you can count on them to arrange a photography adventure you will never forgot.
Ocean FishingFish for the famous ocean salmon, weighing at times as much as 20 kgs, or enjoy catching grouper, bream, mackerel among others. Half and full day outings leave from their beach and take you to the best fishing locations in Golfo Nuevo.
Contact them directly and they will organize any of these adventures for you: email@example.com. Their concierge is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support your adventure.
These suites are beach level and first floor suites.
room per night (excl. tax)
They provide the ultimate Océano Patagonia experience.
room per night (excl. tax)
The Penthouse is their most luxurious and spacious retreat.
room per night (excl. tax)
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in USD.
- Rates mentioned include IVA (value added tax).
- Rates mentioned include Continental breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include taxes.
- There is a two-night minimum stay at Océano Patagonia.
- Wifi is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge.
- July 7th till 31st
- October first till the end of November
- December 22nd till 31st
- Festival dates
- Beginning of December
- January & February
- March/April/May/June (with exception of Festival dates)
- Children of all ages can stay.
- All children under 2 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
- All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
- All children under 12 years stay free of charge for extra beds.
- All children 12 years and older & adults are charged USD 50 per person per night.
- Maximum capacity of extra beds in a room is 2.
- Pets are
allowed on request.
- Supplements may apply.
- Please notify them of your plans to bring your furry family member so that they can make accommodations for his or her stay.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- To guarantee the booking a deposit of the first night is required.
- If you cancel 7 days or more prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation charges.
- If you cancel between 7 - 0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge the first night.
- In case of an early departure or no-show, they will charge the full amount of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.