An extraordinary hideaway
While staying in one of their four beautiful guest rooms at La Parare, just 25 minutes from downtown Nice and 35 minutes from the Nice airport, you will also be very close to the main towns and villages that have made French Riviera famous: Cannes, Antibes, Monaco, Vence , St Paul de Vence, Eze, Tourettes sur Loup, Biot, Villefranche, Cap Ferrat, Valbonne. You will be enjoying the gorgeous, peaceful views of the hills outside of Nice, the nearby historic villages of the Provence, and the Mercantour mountains. As we all know the beaches of this region are unforgettable too, especially in summer, as are the world-renowned winter ski resorts of the Alps. Both are a short drive from La Parare.
Video about La Parare : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=Qr0K9qarD-k
Chateauneuf VillevieilleLa Parare, the charming B&B on the French Riviera, is located in Chateauneuf Villevieille about 25 minutes drive from downtown Nice and 35 minutes from Nice International Airport.
You can find them on Google Maps… Download/print directions…
- From A8 highway take exit 55 Nice Est (between Nice and Monaco) toward La Trinite, Le Port, and St Andre.
- If you come from the west (the airport), at the first big crossing leaving the airport, go straight towards Sospel – Trinite and then take the first left towards Contes.
- If you are using a GPS, it may indicate that you should go right towards Tourette-Levens.
- While you could take that
route, following their directions will get you to La Parare more quickly.
- If you come from the east (Italy), turn right towards Contes at the little roundabout, just after the highway exit.
- It takes about 10 minutes to drive the distance between the A8 exit and Contes.
- Continue straight.
- Just before Contes, at Restaurant Fleur de Thym and a pizzeria located on your right, turn left to Chateauneuf Villevieille.
- Drive over the small bridge; you are now on road D815.
- From this point, the road is very winding. Go slow, particularly around the switchbacks. Up, up, up you go!
- You will drive some fifteen switchbacks and then reach the village of Chateauneuf Villevieille.
- When you reach the village, take the road to the right, towards the church.
- You may see black signs for La Parare in the village; however, in case you do not, pass the church, it should be on your right.
- Then take the first little road to the left. This will take you back to the winding road you left when you turned into the village.
- At the stop sign, just across the road, you will find their entrance marked by two wooden barrels and an old letterbox in the shape of a little house.
- You have reached La Parare!
If you have any problems finding La Parare, don’t hesitate to give them a call: +33 (0)493 792 262. Have a safe drive!
NOTE: There is no public transport available there, so they recommend that you have your own car in order to be able to enjoy all the area has to offer.
06390 Chateauneuf Villevieille
About the ownersKarin is Swedish, Sydney is Dutch and French, born and raised in Amsterdam until the age of 20, at which point he moved to France. Sydney has been coming to the area round Nice since he was about two years old, so he knows it very well and has taught Karin much about it too. Their common language is English, which makes La Parare a wonderful destination for English-speaking travellers. They manage also a bit in German and are fluent in French, Dutch and Swedish. They met in Asia, where they lived for about 10 years.La Parare is a charming, historic farmhouse built entirely of stone. For years before Karin and Sydney found it, after having travelled around the world, this was the type of property of which they both dreamed. It was love at first sight when they found it!
They hope that you come to feel the way they do about La Parare and that you find what you seek, whether that is a place to just relax, to enjoy a romantic getaway, or to explore the cultural and sporting riches of our region. Thanks to the location, in the hills above Nice, La Parare offers a very quiet and soothing environment with clean air – they are at an altitude of 500 m. You will enjoy it while hiking, riding a bike, or just sitting on the terrace, enjoying the views. Staying in one of the guest rooms at La Parare means enjoying a “special” place where the landscape, romance, and comfort are in harmony.
Good to know
- The Villa is entirely non-smoking, though smoking areas are available on the terrace.
- They regret that they are not able to accommodate your dogs or other pets.
- Due to the house’s architecture, it is not well suited for young children or people who have difficulty walking or climbing stairs. The terrain around the guest rooms is uneven and guests must climb and descend stairs to get to most of the rooms.
Breakfast at La ParareBreakfast is a very important meal, in their opinion, and is served either on one of the terraces under the olive trees when the weather is warm or in front of the fireplace during the cooler days. It is served beginning at 8:30 am.
Breakfasts are diverse and plentiful. Most products, such as bread, cakes, muffins, as well as small surprises of the day, are homemade. They serve freshly squeezed juices and fresh fruit, good tea, coffee and hot chocolate, baguettes and fresh pastries, cereals, yoghurt, boiled eggs, cheese and cold cuts. Everyday there is a little surprise for dessert. If you are gluten intolerant, let them know in advance and they will do their best to provide you with gluten-free food. If you are lactose intolerant, they can offer you alternatives. Feel free to send them your special requirements.
Activities throughout the yearAt La Parare there are several possibilities for well-being and relaxing activities.
From the house you can walk to the ruins of Chateauneuf Villevielle, a beautiful hike that provides you with many opportunities to take in views of the sea and mountains from a site steeped in history. The French Riviera, beyond being the well-known tourist area, also has a great cultural wealth. Numerous gardens and museums will charm you, as will the area’s towns and villages, many of which are known for their arts and crafts.
The towns around Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Grasse, Antibes etc, offer great shopping!
You can also enjoy excellent cuisine at the many fine restaurants for which the French Riviera is well known. They will be happy to share their “heart attack” addresses—that’s the bill, not the cuisine! They can also organize cooking lessons with a famous chef.
Sport activitiesFor sports lovers, the Riviera offers you all the activities your heart desires.
- Golf – no less than 50 courses nearby.
- Sailing – many schools and clubs offer trips with experienced crews in the bay of Nice or Cannes.
- Motorboat – numerous rental companies will allow you to go for a boat trip, practice sea fishing, water skiing or wakeboarding.
- Tennis – there are several clubs nearby, including the famous Tennis Club de Monaco.
- Cycling - this region is very popular with cyclists, many of whom train for world-class events here. You can enjoy both road and mountain biking routes, but please be aware that the surrounding terrain is quite mountainous, and, road biking is recommended for only the most experienced cyclists due to the strenuous climbs and narrow roads.
A very cozy room with separate bed room.
Their most romantic room.
Large and spacious room with beautiful view.
On the top floor with very nice view.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast, which is diverse and plentiful.
- Rates mentioned include all taxes.
- Ratesmentioned include Welcome drink.
- Rates mentioned include Wifi and parking.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates and can change depending on the season.
- For a booking of more than 3 nights they offer a free session in the sauna.
- Due to the architecture and layout of the house, it is not suitable or safe for young children or people who have difficulty walking or climbing stairs.
- Check in time is between 16:00 - 19:00 hrs.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking, you have to fill out a reservation form, then return it with a deposit or credit card number.
- They accept Visa or MasterCard.
- They accept payment in cash, French checks, and bank transfer made in advance.
- To guarantee bookings of 1 – 3 nights, a first night deposit is required.
- To guarantee bookings of 4 nights or more, a 25% deposit is required of the total booked amount.
- If you are at all concerned about having to cancel your trip, please consider buying travel insurance.
- If you have any questions about their booking policies or cancellation procedures, or anything else having to do with visiting La Parare, please email Karin@Laparare.com.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.