A Country-house in the heart of VeniceOltre il Giardino hotel is a unique country-house in the centre of Venice,
overlooking its delightful garden. The house, which once
belonged to Alma
Mahler the composer's widow who lived there in the 1920's, lies next to a
small canal just a stone's throw from the Church of the Frari, has now been
turned into an exclusive but home-like retreat.
The garden, with its olive trees, magnolia and pomegranate, is an oasis of peace and tranquillity and it provides the possibility to relax amidst its green embrace. During the warmer seasons, breakfast is served in the garden. Their friendly and helpful staff is at your complete disposal for any type of reservation or suggestion, whether it is a restaurant, a theatre, an art exhibition or a site to visit. The garden, with its olive trees, magnolia and pomegranate, is an oasis of peace and tranquillity and it provides the possibility to relax amidst its green embrace. During the warmer seasons, breakfast is served in the garden. Their friendly and helpful staff is at your complete disposal for any type of reservation or suggestion, whether it is a restaurant, a theatre, an art exhibition or a site to visit.
This enchanting place in the heart of Venice offers something unique to those visiting the city. You will feel that you have really found a home away from home.
All in walking distance around themOltre il Giardino is located in the heart of Venice, just a stone's throw from the Church of the Fari and
the Scuola Grande di S. Rocco in a quiet and historical area. Oltre il
Giardino is only 15 minutes walking from Rialto Bridge and other main
tourist attractions. Strolling through the alleys and campos of the historic center, one arrives in a few minutes time at the Scuola Grande San Giovanni Evangelista, the Rialto Bridge and its Fruit and Fish Market, the Accademia Galleries, and crossing the Grand Canal, Palazzo Grassi.
How to get to Oltre il Giardino
- 30 minutes by water taxi from Marco Polo Airport
- 15 minutes from Venice train station
- 15 minutes from the parking area
From Piazzale Roma (car parking garage) and From Santa Lucia (railway station).
- Water taxi directly to the water entrance of the hotel (Rio de San Stin - Frari), about 15 minutes.
- Vaporetto - public boat transport (ACTV) line 1 or 2 to San Tomà's stop, about 25 minutes.
From Venice Marco Polo Airport
- Water taxi directly to the water entrance of the hotel (Rio de San Stin), about 30 minutes.
- Shuttle bus ATVO or ACTV to Piazzale Roma and then Vaporetto - public boat transport (ACTV) line 1 or 2 to San Tomà's stop, about 25 minutes.
Need to knowThey recommend you settle the price before embarking and check that the taxi is authorized (yellow stripe and license number painted on both sides of the boat).
If you are taking a taxi please call Oltre il Giardino, they'll explain to the taxi driver how to reach the hotel.
Things to do nearby
- Saint Mark's square with the unmissable Basilica
- Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
- Scuola di San Rocco, San Giovanni Evangelista
- Doge's Palace and Museo Correr
- Dorsoduro Museum mile with Academia Gallery, Palazzo Cini, Peggy Guggenheim collection and Punta della Dogana
- Palazzo Grassi & Palazzo Fortuny
- Rialto bridge and market
- Concerts with Vivaldi's Interpreti Venetian
- Opera at La Fenice
- Musica a Palazzo
- Visiting one of the islands
- Gondola tours
Unique double rooms overlooking the tranquil garden.
room per night (excl. tax)
Junior suites for 2 overlooking the garden with partial canal view.
room per night (excl. tax)
Spacious suites with kingsize bed and sofa bed for 2.
room per night (excl. tax)
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include taxes and service charges.
- Rates mentioned exclude tourist tax of EUR 4 per person per day.
- Reduced rates available single occupancy.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates.
- This hotel is on request.
- Bookings are taken for a minimum duration of 3 nights in High Season.
- The property is closed between January 4th - January 31st.
Extra Bed Policy
- An additional bed or cot is not possible in the Ivory and Grey rooms.
- Extra bed costs 20% of room rate double occupancy.
- Cot free of charge.
- Low/Moderate Season is from 1st of February - 31st of March and from 1st of October - 5th of December.
- High Season is from 1st of April - 30th of September and from 16th of December - 3rd of January.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- A deposit will be required for your booking: the first night is charged to your credit card by Oltre il Giardino.
- Please note that the room availability is provided at the moment of your
request and may change without notice.
- In order to ensure the reservation, it is important to confirm as soon as possible.
- If you cancel or modify the booking up to 14 days prior to arrival date, there will be no charges.
- If you cancel between 14- 7 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of the first night.
- If you cancel between 7 - 3 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a 50% cancellation fee of the total booked amount (or full balance if only staying 1 night).
- If you cancel less than 3 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a 100% cancellation fee of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.