Old Andalucian gentleman's farmThis boutique luxury private villa near Malaga is built on the site of an old
farmhouse and is sympathetic to its rustic Andalucian heritage, whilst
simultaneously revelling in stylish elegance and modern sophistication
with an uncompromising eye for detail. Hand stitched Suzani tapestries,
carefully chosen antiques and over sized fireplaces (both indoor and
out) create an elegant backdrop where peaceful contemplation and
blissful rejuvenation is the order of the day.
Marc and Alan, the Owners..The owners and operators of Cortijo El Carligto, Marc and Alan, moved to Andalucia in January, 2009, and immediately began work renovating the farm house and landscaping additional garden areas.
PassionCortijo El Carligto is the second luxury rental property that Marc has been involved with, following a successful run in a chateau in the French Dordogne. Both Marc and Alan share a passion for travel and culinary explorations, which flavours their approach to the holiday rental business. We hope you will visit and share this same passion with us.
The experiential villa for voyages of discovery
A Private hilltopBeing situated on a private hilltop, the grounds of the property slope away on three sides, revealing almond and olive groves and an onsite vineyard. Numerous private terraces and gardens of varying formality surround the cortijo, where Mediterranean and exotic plants and trees keep company. On approaching El Carligto, visitors are treated to panoramic vistas of the sea, and the mountains and valleys surrounding the property.
Before reaching the main house visitors pass El Rincon, the guest house, and a small old ruin, in and around which are planted a vegetable and herb garden. From here along the wide flat approach of the drive and up to the grand entrance portal is another thoughtfully designed garden featuring palms, pines and lavender, agaves and aloes, an ancient olive tree and other Mediterranean plants and flowers. An access drive meanders down past the cortijo, winding down into the valley below and providing a lovely path for walking and exploration of the grounds.
There is no fence around this country estate, but the entry gate opens into a walled courtyard with fountain (can be drained for child-safety) and the gardens provide natural borders around the properties.
El Carligto layoutAn enclosed leafy courtyard greets visitors upon entry with a fountain and shaded pergola facing the majestic peak of Maroma above. Built-in benches and outdoor furniture provide comfortable seating in this tranquil space cradled by the back half of the building. Beyond the courtyard, the kitchen opens onto a small herb garden along the side of the house, which leads to the front terrace with a covered outdoor dining area including a table to seat 10. From this terrace a set of stairs lead down to the pool area (the only way to access the pool), with 'top-of-theworld' views toward the sea and maintained gardens all around, a covered summer kitchen with built-in barbecue, marble dining table, sun lounges, and a water garden on another terraced area beyond the pool.
The front dining terrace also leads around to the south side of the cortijo, with a landscape design with modern flair providing a pleasant, grassy play space for smaller children. Aside this garden is a smaller table for four, perfect for sunny morning breakfasts or afternoon tea in the garden. Further along on this south-side and therefore sunniest of terraces, the garden leads back to the master bedroom terrace, with parasol shaded seating and an open air shower. Access to this area can be restricted to ensure that those staying in the master bedroom have private use.
Close to unique places...
- Canillas de Aceituno 5 km.
- Alcaucin 4 km.
- Malaga 50 km.
- Granada 100 km.
- Cordoba 170 km.
- Sevilla 220 km.
The amazing pool experienceShaded by a giant eucalyptus tree in manicured Mediterranean gardens as you settle in for a poolside massage and gaze across the sea to the Moroccan coast, you might believe you were at a five star hotel resort. But unlike a hotel, this private country estate offers complete privacy with a personal, bespoke approach to each guest. With pre-arrival concierge service as standard let us start planning your time here so you have more of it to enjoy!
Carligto cuisineMasterful saffron-infused paellas, the finest and freshest Mediterranean seafood, fine Spanish wines, culturally influenced and historically significant dishes – El Carligto conjures the very best of Andalucian cuisine daily, where planning on the next feast begins as the last concludes! Explore these delights and traditions for yourself with an insider’s insight at the expansive food markets, top restaurants and, of course, on the private estate at El Carligto.
Culinary adventureBeyond the elaborate in-house feasts private chef David Palacios routinely delivers at Cortijo El Carligto, numerous other culinary adventures await the experiential “foodie.” Explore the centuries old food market in nearby Malaga or tour a traditional bodega (winery) and sample the famous Malaga Dulce made by the same method for generations; with chef David as your guide you’ll have insider access and information. Even better, David will create a feast for you with your market bounty.
Be a part of it all..Vineyards, olive and almond groves, and other fruit and citrus trees surround the private country estate. At certain times of year guests can participate in the harvests alongside locals, gathering sweet Moscatel grapes and experiencing the winemaking process first hand, or collecting olives and seeing them through the milling process with the local experts. New to our portfolio is an exciting and unique, culturally infused cooking course based around the famed Iberian pig: the advanced course includes a full butchering course.
The Hunting Lodge
Accomodation for six people with 3 double bedrooms.
Cortije El Carligto
The beautiful Cortije villa has 4 bedrooms for eight people.
Luxurious seclusion for 14 people to share precious moments.
- Rates mentioned are for the entire rental of the villa and up to 8 people at El Carligto.
- Rates mentioned are for the Hunting Lodge up to 6 people, unless otherwise stated.
- Both properties can be rented together for up to 14 people for larger groups and special events, these rates are on request.
- Rates mentioned are in (Euro) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include taxes.
- Rates mentioned include pre- and post-cleaning plus a mid week clean and linen change.
- Rates mentioned include tapas and wine tasting on arrival plus a welcome hamper full of basic provisions and local delicacies.
- Rates mentioned include all utilities, WiFi, heating and cooling, pool and grounds maintenance.
- Weekly rentals are from Saturday to Saturday with daily rentals on request.
- The weekly base rental rate includes mid-week maid service (6 hours) and linen changes.
- All linen and towels (including pool towels) are provided.
- Damage deposit of EUR 1000 is payable on arrival to the estate manager and will be refunded on departure once the property has been checked.
- Hosted service on request: fully serviced package includes 24 hour concierge (and pre-arrival planning), daily catering (breakfast plus one other meal), daily housekeeping (four hours) and much more.
- Low season 1 Jan - 26 May; 30 Sept - 22 Dec
- Moderate season 27 May - 30 June; 2 Sept - 29 Sept; 23 Dec - 5 Jan
- High season 1 July - 1 Sept
- Pets are not allowed without prior written permission.
- To guarantee your booking they require a 30% deposit of the total booked amount as a non-refundable deposit when booking is made more than 63 days (9 weeks) in advance.
- The balance of the total booking must be paid no later than 63 days (9 weeks) prior to arrival date.
- If you book less than 63 days (9 weeks) prior to arrival date a full payment of the total booked amount is required to guarantee the booking.
- Failure to pay the balance (or total
amount, as the case may be) on time, your booking will be cancelled, and
you will be subject to cancellation charges.
- If you cancel 9 weeks or more prior to arrival date they will charge a cancellation fee amounting to the total of the deposit paid.
- If you cancel less than 9 weeks prior to arrival date or during your stay they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- If Cortijo El Carligto cancels the booking due to non-payment they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A No show or early departure is a penalty charge of a 100% of the total booked amount.
Alterations and cancellations by Cortijo El CarligtoIn the unlikely event that it is necessary to make an alteration
to or cancel the holiday accommodation specified in the letter of
confirmation, Cortijo El Carligto will inform you as soon as possible
and, if requested, will try to arrange an alternative of similar type
and standard as originally requested. If the alternative holiday
accommodation is not acceptable, they will refund in full all monies paid
and shall be under no other liability.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.