A Little piece of Paradise
Tembo Kijani EcoLodge invites you to enter into a little piece of paradise that combines a stunning beach with lots of untouched, indigenous coastal nature, and to get a glimpse of Tanzania’s wildlife wonders on a private safari into the unique Saadani National Park without missing the comfort to relax on your vacation. Sit on your veranda listening to the crickets, the whistling of the palm leaves and the waves of the ocean and discover strikingly colorful birds and butterflies whirling through the lush greenery. Take a stroll on this secluded strip of white coral sand beach, where you won’t meet a soul and let the waves caress your feet and the fresh ocean breeze blow through your hair and clear your mind while watching the local dhows on the horizon.
Blue & Green - Beach SafariBeing located in one of the few places in Africa where the National Park is right on the ocean, Tembo Kijani gives the opportunity to enjoy beach and safari together on an untouched, stunning beach and an off-the-beaten-track safari in Saadani National Park.
A Green Boutique LodgeAll the guest rooms are designed and located to blend in
with their surrounding coastal nature. Built from natural materials and
self-sufficient with hot water and electricity from solar they are an example
of green, luxury vacation in Africa. The lodge itself runs entirely on
renewable energy and puts a strong emphasis on nature conservation by
afforesting the indigenous nature and wildlife.
Supporting the local community in providing work place
and buying local produces;
sustainability is Tembo Kijani’s flagship.
Between Pangani and Saadani National Park
The Lodge is located on a secluded strip of white sand
beach, between Pangani and Saadani National Park. You
can arrive by plane, boat or car.
How to get there?
- Tembo Kijani is located at S 05° 40.038 E 038° 53.616.
- You can arrive by flight to either Tanga (100 km north of Tembo Kijani), Pangani (40 km north of Tembo Kijani) or Saadani (30 km south of Tembo Kijani) airstrips and from there transports can be arranged.
- Flights are available from Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar.
- Since Tembo Kijani is right on the beach and just across Zanzibar, a boat transfer from Nungwi is available as well.
- If you arrive by car, please make sure you are travelling with a 4x4 vehicle. Be aware that some roads are hardly or not passable at all during the rain seasons.
Please contact the lodge if you need information about the condition of the roads.
Wildlife Treasure Hunt in SaadaniOff-the-beaten-track safari to one of Tanzania's youngest National Parks - wildlife treasure hunt in Saadani National Park. Starting before sunrise and returning after sunset to see giraffes, elephants, waterbucks, reedbucks, baboons, monkeys, buffaloes, lions, wildebeests, hartbeests, an amazing variety of birds and on the boat trip on the Wami river getting a close up on hippos and crocodiles.
An Authentic African ExperienceA walking safari around the lodge for 3-4 hours will bring a first-hand experience of a Mangrove system, the giant Baobab trees and a visit to the local nomad tribe of the Mangati with their cattle - a real authentic experience of Africa.
SnorkelingGet your goggles and a snorkel, hop on the boat and explore one of the coral reefs just right off the coast of Tembo Kijani. Enjoy the underwater world and feel like being part of it.
Small and cozy.
Rates : on request
Feeling at home at Tembo Kijani.
Rates : on request
- Rates mentioned are per person per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in US dollars (USD).
- Rates mentioned include tax and service charges.
- Rates mentioned include full board.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates and are subject to change without prior notice.
- The Tembo Kijani EcoLodge is on request.
- They offer full board only due to the location.
- For ecological reasons, a minimum stay of 2 nights is required.
Occupancy Rate Information
- Banda double occupancy rate 175 USD
- Banda single occupancy rate 105 USD
- Bungalow double occupancy rate 235 USD
- Bungalow single occupancy rate 150 USD
- To guarantee the booking a valid creditcard is required.
- The Cancellation Policy depends on the booking made, please send a request for extra information.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.