A Romantic HideawayA romantic hideaway where exclusivity and the sensation of being truly special walk arm-in-arm.
The most exclusive beach resort in Brazil is just 50 km from Florianópolis airport and is accessed by transfer in a car or a helicopter. There are just 25 sophisticated bungalows, carefully distributed around a private peninsula that is washed by the beautiful waters of the Emerald Coast. All this privacy and comfort ensure guests have a true experience in hospitality, meeting the highest international standards of service, as certified by its Leading Hotels of the World seal.
It offers a state-of-the-art fitness centre, cinema, business centre, restaurant, bar, lounge, games room, oceanfront ocean-front tennis court, heated swimming pool, massage gazebos, spa and nature trails. In close proximity to the resort, one can also experience Arvoredo Island, the best site for scuba diving in South Brazil. Additional boat trips include Anhatomirim Island and the Baía dos Golfinhos (Dolphins Bay).
For 18 years and olderDue to the nature of the peninsula and the need to preserve the calm and tranquility that their guests demand, they welcome guests 18 years and older.
Eco-friendlyTo walk around the resort or along one of the many trails, admiring the strong personality and identity of the architecture integrated with nature, is to get the opportunity to fully experience the concept of sustainability that everybody’s talking about.
A little of their social and environmental responsibility:
- Priority to local and regional suppliers
- Commitment to reforestation and modern management of the area
- Internal transport is by electric golf carts
- They grow our their 100% organic fruit and vegetables
- They compost all organic waste, which is reused as organic fertilizer
- They have solar heating panels
Governador Celso RamosThe resort is in the municipality of Governador Celso Ramos, which is a region immersed in history. A small piece of old-time Brazil with its pretty little fishing villages, peopled by the descendents of the first Azorean immigrants to settle the Santa Catarina coast.
Extremely well located, Ponta dos Ganchos is just 40 km (24.85 miles) from Florianópolis and a short hop from São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires. The privately-owned
peninsula is surrounded by the stunning waters of the Emerald Coast, guaranteeing total privacy. Comfort and relaxation are assured in every one of the 25 sophisticated and charming bungalows, some jutting out over the breathtaking spectacle of the myriad shades of green, where the rain forest meets the emerald sea.
Find PDG by Road
- Follow BR 101 highway until km 180 (distances are measured from the state border and are signposted frequently) and take the exit for Governador Celso Ramos, driving towards the coast (Eastwards).
- Continue on SC 410 for a further 15 km. The road will pass through a few scene viewing points, the village of Ganchos do Meio and the local school (Escola Municipal).
- Following the school, keep to your left as you pass the turning to Praia de Palmas on your right.
- Drive down a short descent and take the first road on your left. This is a narrow road and can be identified by a red house on your right. The road climbs a few yards to our gatehouse, and voila!
- Welcome to Ponta dos Ganchos!
By Helicopter27º18’ 26 S 048º 33’06 W
Local Airport· Florianópolis International Airport is approximately 50 minutes’ drive.
· Navegantes Airport is approximately 1 hour, 20 minutes’ drive.
· Joinville Airport is approximately 2 hours’ drive.
TransfersPrivate transfers from the airport to Ponta dos Ganchos Resort can be arranged on request. The trip from Florianópolis Airport to the Resort takes approximately 50 minutes and the roundtrip transfer costs from BRL 420 per couple.
Cantinho da VelezaThe menus change every day. The art of astonishing guests is their discipline. Is there anything more disturbing than a menu that never changes so you always know in advance what you can expect day after day?
The menu is a living thing at Ponta dos Ganchos. And it’s not just the variety and innovation, everything can be ordered exclusively for you, whenever and wherever you desire, on the island, on the beach, in the very special Cantinho da Veleza or even in the restaurant. The restaurant menu is created by Chef Luis Salvajoli, blending the very best local and regional products to offer a gastronomic experience with a unique personality.
The majority of the herbs and vegetables that are used in their dishes come from their own 100% organic kitchen garden.
Why worry about the time? There are no set mealtimes so you can feel at ease with no obligations to meet.
For couples in love the Hotel has an unforgettable experience just for two – the Private Celebration. Reserve well in advance, because this privilege is exclusive to a single couple per day.
- Clay tennis court
- Sailing boats
- Fitness centre
- Nature trails within the resort grounds and beyond
- Games room
- Pool table
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Extras: Scuba diving o+ the Ilha do Arvoredo
- Diving classes (PADI quali$ ed instructors)
- Ocean sport $ shiny
- Golf (30 min drive)
- Speed boat trips
- City tour of Governador Celso Ramos
- City tour of Florianópolis
- City tour of Blumenau
- Helicopter rides
Charming and comfortable ambience with two decks with sea view.
A comfortable and inviting bedroom with en suite shower with dry sauna.
This integrated bedroom and living room form a modern and exclusive area.
Especial da Vila
This bedroom and living room are integrated into a single modern and exclusive space.
A fabulous large villa, the bedroom and living areas are integrated.
A very comfortable bungalow for up to 3 people in the room.
A very comfortable bungalow for up to 4 people in the room.
The Special Emerald Villa has integrated bedroom and living areas.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned for Arvoredo Triple are per bungalow per night based on 3 people sharing.
- Rates mentioned for Arvoredo Quad are per bungalow per night based on 4 people sharing.
- Rates mentioned are in Brazilian Real (BRL).
- Rates mentioned exclude VAT (3%), City tax (BRL 4,26 per day).
- Rates mentioned include breakfast, a welcome drink, a fruit basket, afternoon tea, Wi-Fi, mineral water & parking.
- Rates mentioned exclude alcoholic drinks, room service, laundry, transfers, city tours and massages.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates and are subject to change without prior notice.
- This hotel is on request.
- On the day of arrival or departure, upon availability, an early check-in or late check-out will be provided with no extra cost, although, in case it is necessary to guarantee this service, 1 daily rate will be charged.
- Due to local landscape and in order to maintain the calm and tranquility environment, minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
- With an exception for children over 12 years old for the following dates: Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Christmas.
- Rates may change without previous notice.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking they require a 50% deposit of the total booked amount.
- The deposit can be paid up to 2 days after the booking, via bank deposit or valid creditcard.
- After this date, in case of non payment, booking will be automatically cancelled.
- If you cancel up to 30 days prior arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 5% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 29 - 15 days prior arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel less than 15 days prior arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
Nature with Sophistication
We were looking for a holiday where we could meet with Nature in a peaceful setting. It was recommend by Hipboutiquehotels as a perfect hideaway so we decided to book our stay with Ponta dos Ganchos. Indeed it was a perfect stay, the staff were very nice, it has 25 secluded bungalows and we stayed in the Especial Villa with private plunge pool overlooking the sea, it was stunning especially the sunset. We were surrounded by nature only. They have everything from a beautiful Spa experience to nature trails, it trully is a great experience to stay with them. Nature with sophistication!