Setting up a Guest house in Norway..Marco and Marie-José did it, they are both working in the creative industry, Marie-José in interior design and Marco in graphic design. A few years ago they decided to set-up a ‘guest house’ in Norway, as an area where for both to freely express our creativity. And it shows: step by step Herangtunet is being transformed into a pleasant environment where everybody feels at home straight away. Herangtunet, means ‘farm garden’ ...
Their small luxury hotel in Norway is a typical traditional build for the Valdres province. Around it are some more ancient (uninhabited) buildings that the province has moved here in order to conserve its cultural heritage. They acquired Herangtunet in 2003 and are now in a position to house 28 guests in 5 stylishly themed rooms, 4 suites and in a fully furnished apartment.
Their restaurant with a cosy wood-burning stove and big dining tables makes the hall perfect for celebrations and parties. They transferred Herangtunet into a full service design hotel with an authentic atmosphere that anybody would love to have at home!
Every room has been designed as a unique space within the log-cabin setting and the ambience is a delight - warm and welcoming. Warm, cosy, authentic and highly comfortable. This description fits all of their two person bedrooms. Each of them has a luxurious bathroom. Wireless internet is available. They have made a considerable investment in dreamlike double beds and there is ample space for a toddler bed.
DirectionsThe Norwegian Herangtunet boutique hotel is an ideal base for a summer or winter holiday in Norway and the design hotel is open all year. Herangtunet boutique hotel Norway is 180 km from Oslo in one of the driest areas of Norway, near a lake, ski Beitostolen and the Jotunheimen National Park.
Coming from Oslo
- Follow direction Sandvika (E18). When you are in Sandvika (E16) you should drive into the direction of Fagernes (200 km).
- Once in Fagerness, follow the RV51 direction Beitostølen (approx. 21 km).
- You will pass a sign that says "Herangtunet", turn left direction Volbu, first right at sign Herangtunet 21 km away from Fagernes and 15 km from Beitostølen, south-east of the end of the Heggefjord in Valdres.
Winter in Norway..Skiing, cross-country and snowboarding in Beitostølen / Jotunheimen.
The cross-country skiing area in Norway that hosts the annual World Cup. The sloping forest trails and the panoramic plateau define this first-class area for nature lovers and die-hards.
Beitostølen gives beginners a red carpet welcome, offering the perfect surrounding for starting skiers. But this village by the foot of the Jotunheim, the highest mountain range in Norway, offers more attractive options for a great holiday in the snow. The varied skiing area with its special Telemark ski runs, a snowboard park and a kinder skiing area is the primary Carving Centre.
Good news for skiers, who fancy more sensation. For even more variation the ski bus will take you to the area of Raudalen. On 210 days a year this wide scenery is covered with snow, offering a wonderful setting for a husky dog sleigh ride or for horseback riding. The wheezing and snorting of the animals is the only sound you will hear. A truly memorable wintry experience.
The ski area has: 9 lifts, 15 ski runs, green 2, blue 5, red 5, black 3. The biggest difference in height is 315 meters. 320 km of marked cross country ski runs, of which 6,5 km illuminated, 1 half pipe snowboard park. Après-ski, 9 bars and discotheques, 5 restaurants.
Other winter activities are: Dog sled rides, horse drawn sleigh rides, snow bikes, snow scooters, ice fishing, ice climbing, tennis, squash, swimming and shopping.
All activities can be booked with the hotel directly!
Summer in Norway..Most foreigners have a wrong picture of Norway’s weather.
Norway boasts much higher temperatures then one
would expect at these northern latitudes. The main reason behind this is
the warm gulf stream, transporting warm sea water to the Norwegian
coast. Even in the heart of winter the harbours remain free of ice.
In summer temperatures soar to values between 25 and 32 degrees Celsius – even in the north of the country.
There are plenty of activities to choose from in Norway. The country boasts one of the best rafting rivers in Europe. One can play golf under the midnight sun. Go canoeing, kayaking or horse riding in the mountains. Choose Car Walks, a unique combination of carefully planned hikes and motorcar rides. Commit yourself to a glacier hike in Breheimen National Park. First and foremost enjoy the overwhelming serenity of Norway’s boundless nature.
This room is a tribute to the surroundings in which the owners lived.
For ‘notre chambre française’ they took inspiration from the times of Louis XVI.
This room has been designed to offer warmth and comfort.
Serene, pure and light is how the Icelandic room is best described.
The Swedisch room is a romantic room with a nostalgic feeling.
This room is the destination for the style-conscious traveller.
Suite New York
Outside you can hear noice of the leaves in the woods while inside you're in New York.
In Herangtunet Aspen is the name of one of the warmest, most luxurious rooms.
A luxury suite for small family or couples who love to experience rich decors.
A 2 bedroom apartment with double beds and a high bed above for 3 persons.
- Rates mentioned (with the exception of the apartment) are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned for the apartment are per week based on 2 people sharing.
- Rates mentioned are in Norwegian Kroner (NOK).
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- This hotel is on request.
- Check in time is between 16:00 - 23:00 hrs.
- Check out time is between 08:00 - 11:00 hrs.
- All children are very welcome.
- A child aged 2 yrs and younger is charged NOK 160 per person per night in a child's cot/crib.
- All older children or adults are charged NOK 280 per person per night for extra beds.
- The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately.
- During Christmas, Easter and May festivals the week rate for the apartment is NOK 8100.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- If you cancel up to 14
days prior to arrival date, they will charge no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel or modify less than 14 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 80% of the total booked amount.
- In case of no show or early departure they will charge a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.