A sense of calm and relaxationThis hotel was born out of passion and desire to create and share a unique yet welcoming place where nature meets luxury. The location they chose in Tuscany was essential for bringing a sense of calm, relaxation and well-being and has enabled them to transport you far away from the stresses of the outside world.
Nestled in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, luxury knows no limits. With a 13th century villa at its heart, this hotel is a haven where people can come to celebrate a special occasion or to simply enjoy a taste of heaven.
The villa itself has 3 rooms ranging from Deluxe to Superior, 5 Villa suites (including the fully secluded Grand Santo Pietro Suite) and 7 Garden Suites.
Hospitality coupled with an environment where clarity of mind and food for the soul are abundant. The land is not only stunningly beautiful, but rich and fertile and provides them with a bounty of organic vegetables, herbs and even honey which their kitchen transforms into culinary delights. Set on a working farm, the villa is bathed in the beauty of its surroundings – an exquisite jewel.
Finding this beautiful hotel..
How to get there from Siena
- Take the road SS73 direction Grosseto.
- Keep this road for approx 25 km (passing through Rosia).
- After passing an old stone bridge on your left you will come to an old stone column on the right; keep left towards Follonica and San Galgano.
- Follow road up over the hill and down and when the road splits (at “Consorzio Agrario Siena”) keep left (do not go to Chiusdino).
- After the petrol station turn right direction San Galgano.
- Follow the road past San Galgano and we are at the big iron gate and obelisk stone on the left just before driving into Palazzetto.
How to get there from Pisa Airport
- Leave the airport in direction of Rome/Livorno/Genova.
- When arriving at the ticket machine follow Rome directions.
- Continue on this motorway for approx 40 km (about 20 mins) to the pay toll.
- Follow Rome/Grosseto direction.
- Keep on this road approx 45-50 km.
- Turn off at Follonica Est.
- Turn left at the junction direction Siena and Massa Marittima.
- Keep on this road past Massa Marittima.
- Follow the road right up through the forest toward Siena.
- As you arrive in Palazzetto you can find us on the right hand side after 150-200 meters from the “welcome” sign, you will see the big iron gate and obelisk stone.
- 2:00 hrs from Pisa
- 1:15 hrs from Florence
- 3:00 hrs from Rome
Transfers and Private Chauffeur
- Transfers can be arranged from and to Pisa, Florence, Rome and Siena.
- If you would like a private chaffeur, Borgo are more than happy to help.
- Prices on request.
Something for all tastes and energy levels..
Flower arrangingAt Borgo San Pietro, they have their own in-house florist who works in the flower hut right in the middle of the garden. Guests may drop in at their leisure and observe her while she works or even take a flower arranging course if they so wish. It’s a great way to learn about the local flowers and create beautiful arrangements that can then be kept in the room or given as a special gift.
Artist in ResidenceEach month Borgo invites a resident artist to come stay and work on its grounds. Guests may stop by their workshop for a chat or sign up for customized art lessons. Borgo provides the idyllic setting for inspiring the “inner artist” in everyone! All art supplies are included in the fee.
Picnic, Gourmet & Take AwayTheir ample gardens provide the perfect setting for a special gourmet picnic. Pick your favourite spot and Borgo’s staff will set up a blanket and bring you a pre-prepared basket filled with scrumptious goodies for you to enjoy. Or, for the more adventurous, rent one of their scooters or mountain bikes and ride off to a more remote location with a take-away basket. It’s the perfect way to relax and enjoy the surrounding nature.
Cooking LessonsTake home newly acquired gastronomy skills, as taught by their expert chefs. A real “hands-on” experience that you will never forget. Find the perfect accompaniment by sampling local wine, cheese or honey in tasting sessions on offer. Not to forget the little chefs, who can learn the joys of home cooking in a fun and safe environment by the rustic pool bar.
Holistic SpaThe 800-year-old spa building, once a bakery, has been transformed into Borgo’s warm and healing holistic heart where you can relax and recuperate. The spa uses products from Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella; one of the oldest pharmacies in the world. Using only natural raw materials of the highest quality and continuing to follow the ancient procedures originated by the founding fathers, Santa Maria Novella focuses exclusively on the herbalists art, basing all its preparations on traditional herbs and oils of natural origin, combining modern technology.
Santa Maria Novella's ethos works in harmony to their Promise; their land, their neighbours and their passion working in unison for a common ideal.
Treatments from massages, facials and hot stone therapies to aromatherapy, all use natural oils, herbs and products, with several from our own gardens. Feel nature healing your body in the gentle hands of our expert therapists.
Their spa’s opening hours are from 10:00 to 20:00, with a lunch break between 12:00 and 13:00.
A unique double bedroom that creates a feeling of restful grandeur.
A beautiful double room with queen-size bed overlooking the Tuscan hills.
Giardin de Fiori
This beautiful extra queen-size bedroom has antique desk for romantic writers.
A cosy suite withdrawn from the main house to find peace.
Via del Pellegrino
A bright double bedroom suite that gazes the ancient path.
Garden junior suite
La Mora garden suite has high ceilings and drop crystal chandeliers.
Garden junior suite
A laid back atmosphere surrounds this luxurious spacious suite.
Garden junior suite
A unique garden suite that opens out onto a beautiful Mediterranean courtyard.
Rinaldo di Scorciano
An impressive suite named after a former local resident in 1252.
An opulent suite with seperate bathroom housing a vast walk in shower.
With Tuscan stone walls and oak beams it creates a rustic charming garden suite.
A lovingly created garden suite that reflects authentic Italian styles.
A suite that feels strong and masculine with its mahogany four-poster bed.
La Casa dell' Unicorno
A perfect place for those who want to disappear into a cocoon of sumptuous luxury.
Santo Pietro Grand Suite
This suite is ideal for those wanting to escape into ultimate seclusion.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Euro (EUR).
- Rates mentioned include VAT.
- Rates mentioned include buffet & cooked breakfast.
- Baby cot EUR 30 per night.
Extra Bed Policy
- Extra bed EUR 90 per night (only possible in the suites).
- Dog EUR 30 per night.
- To guarantee the booking a 50% deposit is required.
- 30 Days prior to arrival date the remaining balance of 50% is required.
- Payments can be made via wire transfer or a valid credit card.
- If you cancel 90 days prior to arrival date, they would be able to refund your deposit fully (50%).
- If you cancel between 89 to 31 days prior to arrival, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount, the deposit.
- If you cancel 30 days or less prior to arrival date, they will charge a 100% cancellation fee of the total booked amount.
- Special cancellation policy for villa rental and for more than 5 rooms booked.
Extra property InformationClient details are required when you book this hotel.
- Name (ea. guest), address (street name & number, ZIP code, city, country)
- Phone numbers (private/mobile/work)
- Arrival date, departure date & time
- Transfer (required or not)