A small intimate maison..La Minervetta has a unique position on the sea cliff that allows you to enjoy the breathtaking views from the terraces and salons. The hotel is small and intimate with a touch of the 1950's. The mansion's style is modern, with warm touches of ethnic objects, libraries filled with picture books, architectural and design journals and many vintage pieces. The many beautiful objects in the rooms were collected by the owners throughout their years of travel around the world. La Minervetta offers you all the comfort of being in a private home. You will truly enjoy 'living' in the daily life of an antique fisherman's village.
LocationYou can easily reach La Minervetta by public or private transports.
How to get there
By CarComing from the north
- Follow the directions to Naples.
- When you reach Caserta Sud, follow to A2- Salerno/Reggio Calabria - Peninsola Sorrentina.
- Exit at Castellammare di Stabia and follow to the panoramic SS145 (for about 23km).
By TrainThe nearest main Railway Station is Garibaldi Naples.
- When you reach the station you can take a local train, called Circumvesuviana, and arrive to Sorrento (the right stop is the last one).
- Here you can take a taxi to the hotel.
By PlaneThe nearest airport is Naples Capodichino.
- The Curer Bus Service leaves from the airport to Sorrento Train Station 6 times a day.
- From Sorrento Train Station you will need to catch one of the taxis waiting outside.
- From Naples "Molo Beverllo", take the hydrofoil to Sorrento and then a taxi to the hotel.
Pick-upThe hotel can arrange a pick up at Naples Capodichino Airport or at Naples Garibaldi main Train Station by private taxi (prices on request).
- B&B treatment.
- Fully English breakfast 08.00 - 10.30 am.
- All rooms overlooking the Bay of Naples and the antique fishing village Marina Grande.
- Unique lounge area leading onto a large panoramic terrace.
- Fully equipped terrace with large armchairs, chaise lounges, umbrellas.
- Spectacular view from the terrace of the Gulf of Sorrento & Vesuvius.
- The Mansion Staff can arrange: - massage & beauty treatments - excursions - guided tours - car / scooter / boat rental - restaurant reservations - sporting activities.
- Laundry services.
- Babysitting services.
From 1st of May to 15th of October the hotel provides..
- Sea view private stairways connecting directly to the Marina Grande.
- Sea view solarium and lap pool.
Outside the hotel
- The hotel is situated 500 metres from the Town Centre.
- The port where hydrofails and ferries depart all day long for Capri, Procida, Ischia and Naples.
- Service for reserved parking available in the port "Marina Grande".
Colourfull rooms having wall to wall windows overlooking Sorrento.
Suite with two sea view balconies and big windows for lots of sunshine.
Room with sea view having wall to wall windows or french balconies.
A combination of 2 rooms with connecting doors like an apartment.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates are in Euro (EUR).
- Rates mentioned include English breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include non guarded parking on site.
- Rates mentioned include government tax & service charges.
- The hotel is on request.
- The hotel can only guarantee a room type, and not a specific room.
- The hotel is closed between 7th and 29th of January.
Child Policy / Extra Bed Policy
- Children are more than welcome.
- Babies between the ages 0-2 years can stay in a cot with their parents free of charge.
- An extra bed/cot for children between the ages 3-12 years is an extra charge of 60 Euro per night during Low & Moderate Season, and 90 Euro per night during High Season.
- La Minervetta has rooms with connecting doors.
- The availability of a cot or an extra bed is not always guaranteed, it needs to be requested and for the hotel to be confirmed.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a deposit of 15% of the total booking is required at time of booking.
- The deposit is non refundable.
- The remaining balance has to be paid directly with la Minervetta in Euros.
- If you cancel from 39 to 20 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel from 19 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of a 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a penalty charge of 100% of the total booked amount.
A very private place where you can relax. If you want to walk to Sorrento you can easily take their private steps that goes down to the Marina Grande. The rooms are very stylish, bright, colourful and comfortable. We had a wonderful breakfast with a lovely view. Hosts were very friendly and service minded.