Once Upon a Time…Welcome to The Lord Crewe Arms. Once upon a time a twelfth century Abbot's Priory, The Lord Crewe Arms of today is just as it began; humble, honest and never overstated.
Home to 21 bedrooms, 7 Small Rooms, 8 Standard Rooms, 4 Deluxe Rooms, 1 Suite, 1 Family Suite, all coloured by the Northumberland landscape. Two restaurants, The Larder and Bishop’s Dining Room, serving ‘proper’ unpretentious country grub. One vaulted Crypt Bar brimming with the best ales around (hurrah, local galore!) And, with more than a thousand stories to go with all, ‘Here’s’ and ‘Cheer’s’ to the next chapter.
Coloured by the Northumbrian landscape and with an Abbot’s Guest House, Miner’s Cottages, and the villages ‘Angel of Temperance’ as your pillows of choice, you can rest assured, no two rooms are the same. Homely enough for slippers and socks, with sleepy linen, those creature comforts, and a touch of luxury thrown in for good measure, they promise that perfect night’s sleep synonymous with countryside air (after all, they have it by the bucket load).
North Pennine HillsThey are very good at setting the scene for a relaxing ‘staycation’ but putting your feet up is never more satisfying than after a day full of our favourite antidote, Northumbrian fresh air. Hit the world-famous moors for an activity of your choice and don’t forget to pack your Lord Crewe hamper to get you through the day (…and all the more closer to that well-deserved glass of wine by the fireside).
DH8 9SP Durham
Cosy, homely rooms perfect for a couple retreat or lone traveller.
Designed to relax and unwind and make yourself feel at home.
The Epitome of countryside luxury to treat yourself to true Northumberland chic.
Blackdene & Whiteheaps
A true taste of country living with views overlooking Blanchard Square.
Escape at the end of the day to a spacious Miner's Cottage suite.
Hush, Ford & Hope
Indulge and unwind in a double-up 2 bedroom suite across the square.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Great British Pounds (GBP).
- Rates range from GBP 150 - GBP 230, depending on availability and seasons.
- Rates mentioned include English breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include taxes and service charges.
- This property is on request, for best available rates you can contact the hotel directly.
- Maximum Adults in the room : 2.
- Maximum Children in the room : 1 or 2 in the Family Suite.
Extra Bed Policy
- Additional bed or cots: GBP 25.
- To guarantee the booking a deposit of 30% of the total booked amount will be charged on your credit card at the moment of the booking.
- The hotel will withhold 50% of the total amount of the booking in the event that notice cancellation is given within less than 4 weeks before the foreseen date of arrival.
- he hotel is entitled to compensation amounting to the number of nights reserved in the event that notice cancellation is given within less than 2 weeks before the foreseen date of arrival.
- Shortened stays : The hotel is entitled to compensation amounting to the number of nights originally reserved, in case of departure before the foreseen date.
- A no show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.