Eco LodgeExperience a taste of paradise and unimaginable wildlife adventures in this extraordinary first-class Costa Rican destination! Accessible exclusively by boat, Playa Cativo Eco Lodge is nestled in the tranquil waters of Golfo Dulce, near Osa Peninsula in southern Costa Rica.
Unique in its native beauty and seclusion, Playa Cativo is a beachfront boutique hotel offering an unparalleled experience for those eager to be immersed in nature and away from it all. It is a strikingly beautiful setting and the ultimate in peace and serenity! Walk along the secluded beach, feeling the fresh forest breeze, touching the calm clean ocean, and away from smoke and noises of cars and diesel generators. Playa Cativo is like an island inside the Piedras Blancas National Park because even the shoreline in front of the property belongs to the Park.
The RainforestSurrounded by some of the most unspoiled and diverse rainforest in the world, Playa Cativo Eco Lodge is located on the calm waters of the Golfo Dulce, the inner side of the Osa Peninsula in southern Costa Rica. (Golfo Dulce is the only tropical fiord in the Americas.) Unique in its native beauty, seclusion and natural treasures, Playa Cativo (Cativo Beach) offers an unparalleled experience for those eager to be immersed in nature and away from it all.
It is a strikingly beautiful setting and the ultimate in peace and serenity! Walk along the secluded beach, feeling the fresh forest breeze, touching the calm clean ocean, and away from smoke and noises of cars and diesel generators. Playa Cativo is like an island inside the Piedras Blancas National Park because even the shoreline in front of the property belongs to the Park (to preserve the needle fish spawning grounds).
Getting to Playa Cativo is an adventure by itself. The flight from Costa Rica’s capital city of San José to Golfito or Puerto Jimenez is a beautiful experience. The 55-minute domestic flight provides spectacular views of Costa Rica’s diverse landscape, including the mountains, farms, rivers, Pacific Ocean, Drake Bay, Osa Peninsula and finally, the Golfo Dulce. Their friendly staff will meet you at the local airport to take you on a stunning 30-minute boat ride to Playa Cativo while you take in the magnificent coastline with tropical vegetation. You may even be welcomed by the occasional school of dolphins! Just sit back, relax and prepare for the experience of a lifetime.
The Indescribable Wildlife of Costa RicaLocated in Central America, Costa Rica divides the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. It’s a small but remarkable country with many marvels to see, plenty of adventures and activities, and thousands of acres of protected land, reserves, refuges and National Parks that represent over 25% of the country’s territory. Definitely, Costa Rica is a great place for an active vacation. Wildlife in Costa Rica is varied and fascinating.
Observing wild animals and birdwatching are among the main reasons to travel to the Osa Peninsula and Golfo Dulce area in the Southern Pacific coast of the country. Costa Rica is home to some of the world’s most beautiful and remote beaches, and is a very popular vacation destination. A Costa Rican vacation is perfect for any family looking for adventure, wildlife observation, and connecting with nature, or to simply relax and get away from it all. Costa Rica enjoys a year-round tropical climate. Playa Cativo is a birders’ heaven, too! Visitors can enjoy mountains, beaches and rainforest. There is so much to do and see in this splendid and diverse country!
Piedras Blancas National ParkWith its 35,000 acres of tropical rainforest, Piedras Blancas
National Park, a former extension of the nearby Corcovado National Park
(in the Osa Peninsula), protects some of the last remaining stretches of
undisturbed lowland primary (or old growth) rainforest in Central
America. Of all the land-based ecosystems in the world, tropical lowland
rainforests are the most biologically diverse and serve as a refuge for
many threatened species. The Park surrounding Playa Cativo is a
critical last stand for an estimated 750 species of trees, 140 species
of mammals, 367 species of birds (with a number of species endemic to
the region), 117 species of reptiles, and almost 10,000 species of
Piedras Blancas offers visitors a chance to encounter rare and
fascinating creatures, including all four species of monkeys (capuchin,
howler, spider and squirrel) found in Costa Rica, white-nosed coatis,
two species of deer, kinkajous, agoutis, peccaries and sloths. Although
rarely seen during the day, the Park contains five species of cats:
jaguars, pumas, ocelots, margays and jaguarondis.
In addition to offering a safe shelter to threatened species, Piedras Blancas has provided the site for several reintroduction projects. The vibrantly colored but endangered scarlet macaw is another creature that has benefitted from the remoteness of our forest. Playa Cativo’s idyllic location is accentuated by the absence of neighbors, other than the Park itself. The boundaries of our over 1,000-acre private reserve are rocky points and ridge tops encircling a mile of pristine beachfront, closed off from the mainstream world.
Other great activities
- Rainforest hiking
- Night expeditions
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Dolphin & humpback whale sightseeing
- Self guided trials
Unwind and enjoy the sunset and fall asleep into a luxurious king-size bed.
room per night (excl. tax)
Fall asleep with the sound of the ocean and enjoy the views.
room per night (excl. tax)
Experience the pure beauty of incredible panoramic views of beach and rainforest.
room per night (excl. tax)
- Rates mentioned are per person per night based on 2 people, sharing unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in USD.
- Rates mentioned exclude tax of 13%.
- Rates mentioned include meals and the services described below.
- Rates mentioned exclude beverages, gratuities, and any other expense of a personal nature.
- Tours and meals not taken may not be exchanged or reimbursed.
- Special bookings and cancellation policies apply during holidays and special event periods.
- A minimum stay of 4 nights is required during peak season.
- They recommend for children 6-years old and up.
- The Children’s Rate applies for children 6 to 12-years old when sharing the room with adults.
- In order to preserve the wildlife, pets are not allowed at Playa Cativo.
Complementary servicesPlaya Cativo guests enjoy the following complimentary services included in the room rate.
- Ocean-view lodging, just steps from the beach.
- Three à la carte, multi-course meals per day (in-room dining also available).
- Freshly brewed specialty coffees and teas.
- Meet and Greet at local airport and transfers from town of arrival (Golfito or Puerto Jimenez).
- One round-trip scenic boat transfer from town of arrival to Playa Cativo.
- Your choice of one of three guided tours: Organic Farm, Alternative Energy or Artisanal Fishing.
- Refillable spring water bottle.
- Use of kayaks, standup paddle boards and snorkelling gear inside Cativo Bay.
- Self-guided hiking trails.
- Wi-Fi in your room and social areas.
- Concierge services.
- To guarantee the booking they need a deposit of 25% of the total booked amount.
of the balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival for Green Season,
60 days prior to your arrival for High Season and 90 days prior to your
arrival for Peak Season.
- Miscellaneous charges are due upon departure with VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Dinners Club.
Reservations for Green Season
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing 31 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 30 to 0 days before guest’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty.
Reservations for High Season
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing 61 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 60 to 0 days before guest’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty.
Reservations for Peak Season
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing 91 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty, cancellations made in writing 90 to 0 days before guest’s arrival will apply a 100% penalty. Late bookings are NON-REFUNDABLE after the credit card charge has been processed Payments not received in a timely manner are subject to immediate cancellation without further notice with no exceptions.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.