A former Farmhouse..Locanda Le Piazze, a former farmhouse dating from 1540, sits
among the soft hills of the commune of Castellina, surrounded by olive
groves, vineyards and cypresses.
Since acquiring the hotel in spring, 2013, the owners have set out to create an exceptional boutique hotel, based on the property’s genuine historic charm. The building interior and the grounds have been renovated extensively, drawing on the skills and experience of talented local artisans and technicians. The result is simple elegance, a stylish and relaxed environment to help guests break free from daily toils and pressures; a refreshing experience to be pampered in an inviting, cozy and welcoming atmosphere and indulging in the best of food and wine that Chianti and Tuscany offer.
The relaxed environment balances tradition and modernity. The style is unique – pure, organic, and holistic “to keep the soul happy”, as one guest put it – using natural materials such as linen, drifted and reclaimed wood, European antiques and objects gathered from the owners’ cherished destinations around the world. The gardens surrounding the hotel have been re-designed and re-planted and a new terrace overlooking vineyards and open countryside has created a stylish setting for a heated swimming pool, with ample space for sunbathing or simply relaxing under shade. The 20 comfortably furnished air-conditioned rooms, each individually-decorated, offer complimentary Wi-Fi. Each benefits from views to gardens, courtyards, or the hilly countryside of vineyards and olive groves. All rooms are non-smoking.
Their mission..Is to Make you feel at home, away from home....help you get refreshed and renewed as well as indulge in everything Chianti and Tuscany have to offer.
TuscanyIts diverse topography is characterized by hills, valleys and beautiful beaches. Enjoying a generous amount of sunshine, the region is rich in high quality products and superb ingredients. Olive oils, ripened fruits and vegetables, and an abundance of fresh herbs characterize Tuscany. Many IGP and DOP label references are found in the region.
Locanda Le Piazze is situated six kilometers from Castellina in Chianti, and 8km from Poggibonsi, signposted from Strada Provinciale 130. There is ample free car parking within the grounds.
- They can arrange for chauffeured cars to and from airports and railway stations.
- These services, which should be requested when booking, are subject to separate charges.
53011 Castellina in Chianti
Things you can do..Their knowledgeable and helpful staff do everything possible to make a stay at Locanda Le Piazze, a happy, rich and memorable experience. They offer baby-sitting services, horse riding, vintage car and Vespa touring, bicycle rental, and cooking classes for 6-8 guests. Also they can arrange vineyard and guided city tours.
These services, which should be requested when booking, are subject to separate charges.
- They have a well-stocked honesty bar offering a wide range of quality wines, international spirits and beer brands and soft drinks.
- They can provide information on nearby towns and attractions, cultural and sporting events and can suggest restaurants in the vicinity when eating out.
Their Philosophy is Eco friendly..They try their hardest to respect the planet and use Eco-friendly products wherever possible and practical in all facets of the hotel, including sustainable furniture, low emission paints, Eco-certified toiletries, LED lighting and A+ appliances and, in their gardens, bio fertilizers. They are addressing water conservation and recycling.
They can offer for special events..
- Cocktail/receptions for 100 guests outside, 50 inside
- Seated dinner for 75 guests outside, 45 inside
- Conferences for up to 50 guests
- Large area for parking
- Eight-seat mini-bus on request.
even for business..
- All essential business conference equipment, including projector, screen, sound equipment, flip charts and pens, which work!
Another great activities..
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting
Standard double room
These beautiful rooms have either garden or courtyard views.
Standard room with patio
These beautiful rooms have a patio with garden or courtyard views.
Executive double room
The unique executive rooms have different views, garden, countryside or the pool.
Executive room with patio
The executive rooms with patio have garden and courtyard views.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include buffet breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include Wifi and parking.
- Rates mentioned include service charges.
- Rates mentioned exclude city tax of EUR 2.50 per person per night.
- Large area for parking.
- Eight-seat mini-bus on request.
- They are small dog friendly on request, as they have a limited number of rooms available.
- To guarantee the booking they need a valid credit card.
- They accept all major credit cards.
- If you cancel 2 days (48hrs) prior to arrival date, they will not charge you a fee.
- If you cancel later than 2 days (48hrs) prior to arrival date, they will charge you a cancellation fee of a 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.