A Lisbon's archeological heritage..Reborn from the brink of becoming part of Lisbon’s archeological heritage, this 15th century ´Palacio dos Castros´ has a new lease of life and is now home to Lisbon’s newest 5 star Boutique Hotel, Santiago de Alfama. Situated on Rua de Santiago, the road where globalisation was financed, Christopher Columbus married and the start of the Caminho de Santiago de Compostela. Hotel Santiago de Alfama is perfectly located for the curious traveller.
Beautiful whimsical views of old Alfama glide towards the sea, whilst the swallows nest along the nearby rooftops. "The bustle of Audrey's and´Manny’s Bar´ will keep guests fed and happy whilst The Gift Shop and the Beauty Bar will delight". Special, local and independent, Santiago de Alfama - Boutique Hotel is a beacon of authenticity in this lovely city of light, Lisboa.
Nice to know..
- Santiago de Alfama - Boutique Hotel has 19 Suites and Bedrooms. 5 Suites,14 Bedrooms and Family options.
In the heart of Lisbon..Located right at the heart of Lisbon, where every visitor wants to be. All the major sites are right on their doorstep. They are situated in one of the side streets of Castelo, which is nestled between Alfama and Baixa. If you were thinking of doing a day trip to either Sintra or Cascais, they can help you organise the travel and the day, they are not too far from either mainline stations (Rossio or Cais do Sodré). The tram 28, that is mentioned in all the guidebooks, stops 10 metres from the hotel.
- Manny's Bar
- The Shirt Factory Restaurant
- Beauty Bar
- Gift shop
- Meeting / Events room
- Room service
- Champagne/Flowers/Fruit can be arranged for a fee and be placed in the room for arrival
- 6 Parking places at an additional fee
- Private airport or port transfers
- Baby sitting
- Beauty treatments, blow-drys, manicures, pedicures, facials and massages
- Luggage store
- Ticket printing
- Dietary requirements on request
- Non Smoking in all bedrooms, communal areas. ( A penalty EUR 300 per occasion)
Nearby spots to visit..Hotel Santiago de Alfama is located on Rua de Santiago in the wonderfully nostalgic district of Alfama, immediatley below Saint Georges Castle and above the famous view point, Miradouro de Santa Luzia. Alfama is Lisbon's fado district, this music is part of the fabric of this neighbourhood, if you listen carfully you will hear the strum of a mandoline coming from an open window, a fado singer coming down a cobbeled street. It's pretty narrow streets date back a milenia, some so old that the buildings lean to meet each other, secrets wisper from their ancient walls.
Museu de Teatro Romano - Roman Theatre Museum; Sé de Lisboa (Lisbon Cathedral); St Georges Castle; Miradouro de Santa Luzia; Miradouro Portas do Sol; The Fado Musuem and the Tile Museum; Casa dos Bicos; Feira de Ladra - twice weekly outdoor street market; Praça de Comercio; The Baixa area and Rua de Augusta and up to the Chiado district.
Disabled guests: Hotel Santiago de Alfama is partially equipped for the needs of its disabled guests. They have lifts and wide doors to most rooms. Wheelchairs are not suitable in all room types. Please check availability.
Classic Alfama Bedroom
Cosy and bright double room with a generous bathroom with rain shower.
Classic River Bedroom
Room with access to inner courtyard garden and has a comfy seating area.
Superior King Bedroom
Superior rooms with view on the river Tejo with extra long king-size beds.
Deluxe King Bedroom
Bright and spacious rooms with large bathrooms.
Views of the inner courtyard and accommodates 2 generous beds.
Santiago Suite (Panoramic View)
The Santiago Suite offers the best view in Lisbon of the Alfama district and tagus River.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned exclude breakfast of EUR 15 p.p.
- Rates mentioned include Tax.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Baby cots are free of charge.
- Extra bed for 1 older child or adult EUR 30 per person per night.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not charged for breakfast.
- Private Parking costs are EUR 25 per day (reservations needed).
- Pets are not allowed except for guide-dogs.
- The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise all cards prior to arrival.
- If they are unable to pre-authorize the card for any reason they may take full payment from the card up to 48 hours prior to arrival or contact you for alternative card details.
- Your booking is secured by your credit card details. this then constitutes a contract between you and Santiago de Alfama Boutique Hotel.
- Reservations comprising of 3 or more rooms are deemed to be Group Bookings and as such are required to pay a 25% non refundable deposit at the time of booking with the balance payable 7 days prior to the date of arrival.
- Rooms cancelled later than 18h00, 48hrs prior to arrival date they will charge a fee equivalent to one night's accommodation.
- A No show they will charge to the credit card given at time of booking a fee for the first nights accomodation.
The Hotel reserves the right to refuse a guest entry and accommodation if, on arrival, management reasonably considers that the guest is under the influence of drink or drugs, is unsuitably dressed or is behaving in a threatening, abusive or otherwise unacceptable manner. The Hotel reserves the right to require a guest to leave if he/she is causing a disturbance, annoying other guests or Hotel staff or is behaving in an unacceptable manner. <
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.