So different than many others...Villa Rosmarino has 6 bedrooms, each one offers guests the privilege to live in an unique and different atmosphere from the other guests of the residence.
Villa Rosmarino on the Mount Portofino...
This is a home, not a hotel..
There are no numbers on the bedroom doors, neither on the bedroom keys..
There's no red carpet...
There's no hotel hall...
In Villa Rosmarino you don't simply stay...you live in it...
Built in 1907
To its first owner, a local sea captain who commissioned the building at the end of XIX century, Villa Rosmarino was their country home where to take rests in between long seafaring journeys, but also where the olives coming from the trees and land surrounding the villa were crushed. In the ground floor was an old oil mill to produce olive oil for the needs of the resident family but also for those residing in the neighbouring villas. The grind stones of the oil mill have been kept after the restructuring and are part of the decoration of the garden of the villa.
Mount PortofinoVilla Rosmarino is located on Mount Portofino, a protected area that stretches out into the open sea, a natural border between the Golfo Paradiso and Golfo del Tigullio.
The Mount is a regional park of great natural interest where sea, rocks and vegetation merge perfectly to create unforgettable scenery. The Mount rises just above Camogli, one of the most famous and enchanting fisherman's village in Liguria.
Since early centuries, Camogli has been one of the most romantic fisherman's villages in the Mediterranean Sea. The fortified town erects itself over the Golfo Paradiso at the foot of the Mount Portofino. Its traditional tall multicoloured houses are homes to ancient sea traditions and it's been called since the last century "The town of the thousand tall ships.
The traditional colours of the house are always warm, in contrasting shades but never garish: ochre and beige dominate, with splashes of burgundy and burnished red. Camogli is also a favourite gourmet attraction for those looking for the true flavours of regional italian cuisine.
How to get there
- Genova International Airport
- If coming from Genova or Genova Airport take highway A12 direction Livorno, Exit Recco and direction Camogli.
- Once in Camogli, do not turn towards Camogli center but continue via Corso Mazzini up to Via Figari 38.
- Just off via Figari on the corner to Via Castagneto Seià. (Villa Rosmarino is just before the Camogli city public swimming pool, in case you don't find it).
To relax and have a dip in the pool..The large garden of Villa Rosmarino surrounds the house in a typical ligurian fashion. A large magnolia tree and some chamelias spread their fragrance on the Mount side, while climbing roses, gardenias, pomegranate trees and geraniums will lead your walk toward the swimming pool area. Lemon, tangerine and grapefruit trees bloom right outside the large opening doors of the living room while the lavender and rosemary bordered lawn that surrounds the swimming poll hosts the old mill grindstone and an ancient retorted fig tree. Guests can admire these colors while comfortably sunbathing on the lounge chairs and beds around the large swimming pool.
Things to do nearby
- Hiking on the park of the Mount of Portofino
- Visit the old abbey of San Fruttuoso by boat or walking
- Visit Portofino
- Visit Santa Margherita Ligure
- Visit Genova
- Golf course (8 km)
- Tennis courts (8 km)
- Boat rental
- Bike rental
Suite with Artwork.
Room with ultramodern bathroom.
The Large Room
Room with lots of space.
The Palm Tree Room
A designer double bedroom.
The Swimming Pool Room
Room with beautiful underwater pictures.
The Terrace Room
Shower with a view.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Euro (EUR).
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include taxes and service charges.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates.
- High season and moderate season: there is a minimum stay of 2 nights during the weekends.
- This hotel is on request.
- The property is closed between 6th of November till 25th of December.
- Check-in is possible between 14.00 and 20.00
- Children over 8 years old are welcome.
Extra Bed Policy
- An additional bed or cot is not possible.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking they require a valid credit card.
- To guarantee the booking a 50% payment of the total booked amount will be charged to your credit card upon confirmation of the booking.
- The remaining balance will be paid directly to Villa Rosmarino.
- If you cancel 1 day after the actual booking date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount, the deposit.
- If you cancel within 2 days (48 hours) prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.