A big ramshackle house with veranda and terraces..Four rooms in a late-19th-century building, a veranda, a large roof garden. The owners of La Flavia 4 Rooms, found, after years of traveling around the world, by chance this big old ramshackle house with a veranda, two terraces and an old wide launderette in a late 800s building. At once they understood it could have been the place where all their experiences came together. In the progress they accumulated ideas, objects and dreams.
They usually offer breakfast in the veranda, while on the terraces you can relax between camellias, weeping willows, lemon and orange trees. In the Launderette they created two rooms, and during summer time they plant tomatoes and zucchini that they share with their guests.
The common rooms and bedroom's are decorated with lamps from the '70s, Canova's wallpapers originals from the '60s, Paolo Buffa's armchair from '50s, handmade carpets weaved by the Darjeeling women and some other beautiful unique pieces.
Tea and Coffee Corner is always available, with organic infusions and a book selection regarding Milan, Art, Oriental philosophy and photography. Two bicycles are available for the green lovers.
- They offset their emissions by planting trees in Costa Rica.
- Rather than generating plastic waste, they offer their guests purified mineral water.
- At breakfast, they serve and produce that is organic and, where possible, “0 km”. When in season, the oranges they use come from their own citrus grove.
- MM Moscova and Porta Garibaldi station nearby.
- From Garibaldi station direct connection to Malpensa International Airport.
How To Get There
- 3 Minutes’ walk from the Moscova and Porta Garibaldi stations (Green Line), Rail Link/FD Station.
- 20 Minutes’ walk from Piazza Duomo (location of Milan Cathedral).
- 2 Minutes’ walk from the closest BikeMi bicycle parking facility.
- 10 Minutes’ walk from the Parco Sempione.
- 10 Minutes’ walk from the Isola district.
By Public Transport
- MM Moscova/Garibaldi underground stations.
- Garibaldi rail link
- Tram lines 2, 4, 33
- Buses 94
- From Malpensa, a direct train link on the MalpensaExpress, get off at Garibaldi station.
- From Linate, 2 buses – No. 73 to Piazza San Babila and then No. 94.
- Garibaldi Station: 3 minutes on foot.
- Central Station (Stazione Centrale): 2 underground stops (Green Line)Cadorna: 2 underground stops (Green Line).
Things to do nearby
- Exhibitions during Expo period May - Oct
- Restaurants & terraces
Room no. 1 Barcelonetta
Room no. 2 LaIndia
Room with a touch of the orient.
Room no. 3 Oaxaca
Oaxaca room with Spanish atmosphere.
Room no. 4 LaPalmera
Room with lot of light
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include hotel & service taxes.
- This hotel is On Request.
- Rates may change in case of special events or exhibitions and during Expo Period (May-Oct 2015).
- They accept at this moment payments only by cash, bank transfer or PayPal.
- Check in time: by appointment.
- The rooms are strictly non-smoking, there is a separate outdoor smoking area.
- There is no elevator in the building.
- There is No TV.
- Room service and laundry.
- Laptop available for guests use.
- Wireless LAN and DSL connection throughout the building.
- Daily tidying and bathroom cleaning.
- Laundry service available on request.
Extra Bed Policy
- Extra bed/cot EUR 30 per night.
- Pets are only allowed in Room 3 & 4.
- To guarantee the booking a 50% deposit or the amount of the first night is required.
- The deposit is refundable
- If you cancel or modify the booking 7 days prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation charges including taxes.
- If you cancel between 7 - 0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount including taxes.
- A no-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount including taxes.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.