FarnatchiFarnatchi was converted by the current owner’s father, an award winning British hotelier, who spent two years turning the first three riads into a holiday home for his friends and family. He only decided to change it to its current use when he realised that his commitments elsewhere were going to mean that the house would have lain empty for long periods.
Riad Farnatchi now has the feel of a beautiful, highly individual, private house, with the facilities and services of a world class 5 star “boutique” hotel.
They believe that the first duty of any hotelier is to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests. The furniture, whilst fabulously designed, is also comfortable – possibly a ‘first’ amongst Riads in the Medina. The bedrooms have adjustable lighting that can be both romantic and practical, rather than one or the other. The public areas on the Ground Floor are a collection of traditionally proportioned rooms and B’hous (covered sitting areas with one side open to an internal courtyard) that allow guests to either meet together in groups or to find their own private corner.
In addition, every room has at least one private sitting area. Quite uniquely, almost every piece of furniture has been specially designed and made for Riad Farnatchi in Marrakech. The style reflects a fascinating fusion of traditional Moroccan and modern European design. It is unmistakably Moroccan and exotic whilst being supremely comfortable and practical.
In the heart of the MedinaYou will be collected from the airport by their driver (included in the room rate) and met a short 2 minute walk from the Riad and escorted to the door. Riad Farnatchi is in the heart of the Medina and just 1 minute walk from the Northern tip of the Souks and the Marrakech Museum and Madrassa Ben Youssef.
How to get there
- Marrakech Menara Airport is a 15 minute drive away.
- Riad Farnatchi can organise the airport transfers from the airport.
Trains and bus service
- (Supratours and CTM)The main rail hub and bus station in the city can be reached in 15 minutes and they can organise the transfers from the railway and bus station.
ExperiencesAt the Riad they will be helpful with an amazing array of experiences to offer from photographic tours of the medina to hot air ballooning over the Atlas and quad biking in the stony desert. Experiences that are a world apart from the normal tourist haunts.
- Zip wire and Tree top ropes course of horse riding or Stavenger hunt, quad biking for the elder kids.
- Astronomy workshop, Activities day, Music lessons, Ten pin bowling or donkey riding for the younger kids (7-10).
Something differentFor those travellers who want to experience something different, the Riad arranges A magical Night under Canvas, a Tour in Classic Car or a Private lunch in the Sahara.
Helicopters and Private planes it all belongs to the possibilities. It is up to you to make the most out your stay.
SpaThey offer fantastic Hammam and Massages.
- City guides
- Caleche tour of Marrakech
- Day trips
- Cycle tours
- Cookery cours
- Private gardens & Perfume making
- Photographic tour of the Medina
- Artisanal craft workshops
Suite no. 2
A Duplex suite
Suite no. 1
Various style suites
Suite no. 3
A truly amazing bathroom
Suite no. 4
Private sun terrace.
Suite no. 5
Suite with fireside sitting area.
Suite no. 6
Duplex suite with pool view.
Suite no. 7
Romantic suite for 2.
Suite no. 8
Suite with Patio & Pool view.
Suite no. 9
A magnificent suit
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Moroccan Dirham (MAD).
- Rates mentioned include local taxes.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include tea and coffee through the day.
- Rates mentioned include Home made canapés before dinner.
- Rates mentioned include complimentary fruit, pastries and mineral water.
- Rates mentioned include complimentary transfer from Marrakech airport to Riad Farnatchi.
- Rates mentioned include Fes Hats and djellaba for use within the house and to take home as souvenir.
- Riad Farnatchi is closed in August.
- Christmas Season, from 20th of December to 5th of January they have a minimum stay of 5 nights.
- An extra bed for children between 5 - 11 years, they charge 400 MAD including breakfast per child per night.
- An extra bed for children above 12 years of age they charge 725 MAD per night.
- Pets are not allowed
- Low season : 6th Jan - 31th Jan & 1st June - 31 July.
- Peak Season - Christmas & New Year : 20th Dec- 5th January.
- High Season : 1st Feb - 31 May & 1 Sep - 20th Dec.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- To guarantee the booking they charge a one-night non-refundable deposit to be paid at the time of booking.
- If you cancel 21 days prior to arrival date, there are no cancellation charges.
- If you cancel between 21-7 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 7-0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
- All fees will be taken from the credit card given to guarantee the booking.
Extra Property Information
- Riad Farnatchi respectfully suggests that you check that you are fully insured so that you suffer no loss in the unfortunate circumstances of you needing to cancel your reservation.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.