Sri Lankan hospitalityCantaloupe AQUA is an epitome of luxury, comfort and style, constantly inspires you through its design ethos and creative execution.
It redefines the world famous Sri Lankan hospitality and culture by offering an infallible combination of consideration, authenticity and warmth and is gaining recognition as some of the most uniquely located and trendy beach hotels in Sri Lanka. It is the first affordable boutique hotel along this sultry stretch of Galle coastline. Neighbored by private villas and sandy beaches stretching hazily into the distance, Aqua is private, luxurious and chic.
Of the 15 well-appointed rooms, 13 have stunning views of the beach through floor-to-ceiling glass windows and private furnished balconies. AQUA also features two hedonistic suites, which come with a host of added luxuries including private jaccuzis.
It is also home to Coconut - a fusion restaurant promoting innovative Sri Lankan and Thai cuisine - and the famous Playground Beach Bar, flaunting a diversely inspiring cocktail and wine list.
The coastal belt down south in Sri Lanka is dotted with great surfing breaks, quite bays, turtle hatcheries, chic villas and a plethora of dining options. Tea plantations, fascinating historical sites, rainforests, as well as leopard and elephant safaris are all within easy reach. Immerse yourself into island life - village walks, traditional mask making, local cookery classes and non-touristy temple tours - is part of the magic. They also arrange activities such a bike tours, boating, fishing, sailing, kayaking, treks and guided village tours to keep you entertained during your stay here.
In a nutshell, much of what Sri Lanka has to offer can be found along the South West coast, so you can have a well rounded holiday whilst basing yourself on the beach throughout your trip.
During the Season (between November and April) the sea beyond AQUA attracts some great breaks for experienced surfers. Beginners can learn how to surf with our friendly neighboring surf instructors who will whisk you to Weligama, a 20-minute drive awa. Marine life is also good and you can snorkel in the front of the hotel or in the bay to the West where there are coral reef beds about 30 to 100 meters offshore.
Throughout the year, the sandy ribbon of beach ebbs and flows as the ocean currents are constantly changing. For most of the year, the sea in front of the hotel is perfect for swimming whilst at other times the beach may be flushed out by the waves.
Changing climatic conditions affect the ocean and change its mood; there are days when she displays stunning hues of aquamarine blue and others when storms colour her green, black and grey. To the West of the hotel - a 10-minute stroll - is another sandy beach featuring a turquoise lagoon sculpted by an offshore reef and this is a suitable swimming spot all year round.
What can you expect
- Infinity Lap pool
- Fusion, Western, Thai and Sri Lankan cuisine
- Cooking lesson
- Private beach
Culture and Heritage
- Historical Tour of Fort
- Temple walk
- Stilt Fishermen
- Traditional Masks and Moonstone Mines a
- Hadungoda Tea Estate
Nature and Wild Life
- Whale watching
- Water sports
- Deep Sea fishing
- Sunset Sailing
- Turtle Hatchery
- Made River Mangroves
Immersing in Island Life
- Explore the south on wheels
- Hiking in Rumassala
- Village tours
- Yoga and Wellness
- Culinary Demonstrations
- Dinner for two
Rooms with Garden view.
Aqua Chic experience.
Aqua Ocean Play (first floor)
Room with stunning beach frontage.
Aqua Ocean Play (ground floor)
Rooms with stunning beach frontage.
Aqua Ultra Chic
The ultimate Aqua chic experience.
Aqua Ultra Zen
Suite with lounge area.
Unique layout and design.
- Rates are on request.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise mentioned.
- Rares mentioned are in USD.
- Rates include breakfast.
- Rates include hotel taxes and service charges.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates.
- This hotel is on request.
- The rates purchased is subject to the possibility of changes and surcharges beyond the control of the hotel and may occur because of governmental action, currency exchange rate fluctuation and increases in suppliers.
- They can provide transport to and from the airport, or around the island.
- Low/Moderate season is from May to August.
- High/Peak season is from December to April.
Extra Bed Policy
- An extra bed in the room is USD 25 per night.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a 50% deposit of the total booked amount is required by credit card.
- Special Offer booking is non-refundable or non transferable.
- Last minute bookings will be charged 100% at time of booking, and are non refundable. During the Peak Season, the total amount of accommodation will be charged at time of reservation and are non-refundable.
- For any cancellation, a 15% administration fee will be charged.
- If you cancel beween 21 and 15 days prior to arrival date they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel within 14 days prior to arrival date they will charge a canncellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
Cancellation Policy for Amended Bookings
- The cancellation policy will be applicable to the original date of arrival and not to the extended date of arrival. If the date of arrival is brought forward, the cancellation policy will be applicable to the amended date of arrival.
Cancellation Policy for Special Offers
- The cancellation policy for special offers will be clearly defined on each of the special offers section relevant to each offer.
Amendment of date for a particular booking
- If you wish to change the date of booking, it can be done by sending them an email to reservations@cantaloupe.
- If the online rate for the alternate booking date(s) is less than the original rate depending on the seasons, the excess money can be utilized against extra expenditure at the hotel during your stay. (E.g. if original date was booked in Peak Season and them amended to Low Season).
- If the online rate for the alternate booking date(s) is higher than the original rate, then the difference will have to be paid at the point of amending the booking. (E.g. if original date was booked in the Low Season and the date needed to be amended to High Season).
- If a guest was unable to cancel a non-refundable booking, then the hotel will allow the guest to use the booking during another date subject to availability and applicable only during the Low Season.
- Date changes will be done subject to availability.
Relocation due to overbooking
- In the event where the hotel is overbooked they will request to transfer your booking to a similar or higher category hotel. (A very rare occurrence but good to point out – just in case)
- You may agree to be transferred or you may cancel the booking. If you agree to be transferred, they will do so to the best of their ability and without any additional cost. If you wish to cancel the booking at this point, they will do so without any penalties and refund the full amount (minus any bank charges).
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.