Luxury, simplicity and sustainability..The team of Reserva do Ibitipoca offer you a mix of luxury, simplicity, sustainability and service excellence at one of the most exclusive hotels of South America in a nature reserve located in Brazil. Staying there is like going back 100 years in time. The hotel has 8 beautiful rooms and is located at the old farmhouse, surrounded by rolling green countryside at an altitude of 2950ft.
Reserva do Ibitipoca is not just a sustainable, luxury small hotel, it's a Hotel opened to provide sustainability for its private Natural Reserve. So the historical farm where they build the hotel is surrounded by preserved nature and rural communities. Also, their lands "hugs" the State Park to protect and extend its area, which allows them to have 5.500 hectares of beautiful and diverse landscape such as Atlantic Rain forest, Mountains and Tropical Savanna. It allows them to offer activities which makes it possible to get closer to nature, the community and local attractions.
the private Nature Reserve and the Hotel, they preserve fragile ecosystems and
wild life through natural regeneration and plantation. By supporting many different projects they can promote restoration of
the soil and natural habitats of many species in danger. One of the main projects is the Muriqui, the biggest monkey in the Americas, together they have 7000 preserved hectares. With this they regenerate the carbon footprint of around 515 people per year, among other initiatives that cover 3 countries.
The opening of tourism was an attempt of bringing income to the community and keep people in the rural areas rescuing their story, traditions and culture through the hotel. Nowadays the unemployment and alcoholism is reduced, young people have new perspective and more reasons to stay in their country still with better conditions.
Ibitipoca State ParkThis park is famous by its landscape full of cliffs, rocks, natural bridges, caverns and waterfalls and wildlife. The park, probably the smallest of Brazil contains such diverse nature because it is in a transitional zone between different biomes, a mixture of the great flora and fauna diversity that is fount within the Atlantic Rainforest and the fascinating geological features of the Cerrado. There are many places in the park that invite you to stop and take in the view, slowing you down considerably!
Ibitipoca do Reserva is located in the triangle Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Sâo Paulo.
How to get there
- Airport Rio de Janeiro 235 km.
- Airport Belo Horizonte 214 km.
- Airport Sâo Paulo 348 km.
Heliport at location
- A 900 meter long grass airstrip at location authorized for Cessna 205, Caravan, Cirrus aircrafts.
- You must contact the hotel beforehand to check weather conditions and for clearance.
36140-000 Lima Duarte
Facilities at location
RestaurantThe Inn's menu at Reserva do Ibitipoca aims to combine simplicity with sophistication. Their organic Miner kitchen is one of their biggest attractions.
SpaThe SPA provides comfort, wellness, health and relaxation in a warm aromatic and meditate atmosphere. 100% Vegetable oils combined with essential oils to enhance their guests experience during massage are used.
YogaclassGuests are invited to take part in a Yoga class every morning.
Things to do at location or nearbyAmongst waterfalls, caves, and natural pools, Reserva do Ibitipoca’s diverse nature offers a wide array of options for tours for the guests who can travel by foot or horse with local guides trained in first aid. Rates mentioned include tours by foot with a local guide at the Water Circuit, Hawk Stone and Cave of Swifts.
They also offer exclusive tours on request and previous scheduled.
- Horseback riding
- Rafting (only possible during heavy rains)
- Bird watching
- Cave of the Swallows
- 07 Falls, over 1000 meter of falling water broken into 7 falls
Different in style and decoration.
Gran Reserva suite
Romantic suite for 2.
Suite with the widest view.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Brazilian Real (BRL).
- Rates mentioned include breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Rates mentioned exclude drinks.
- Rates mentioned include a yoga class and tours by foot within the Reserve.
- Rates mentioned exclude SPA treatments.
- Rates mentioned exclude transfers.
- Rates mentioned include hotel & city taxes.
- Rates mentioned exclude 10% service taxes
- Single rate on request.
- Rates may change without previous notice.
- Rates on Carnival, New Year's and Passover are different from standard rates.
- This hotel is on request.
- The hotel accepts all creditcards, there are no credit card charges.
- The hotel is open all year around.
- The hotel requires a minimum stay of 2 nights
- The hotel requires a minimum stay of 3 nights during holidays
- On Carnival, New Year's and Passover a 4 nights minimum stay is required.
- Early check-in (after 9am) or late check-out (after 4pm) possible if available at extra cost of BRL 500 per room.
- It is advisable to bring a check or cash for the check-out as the signal for the credit card machine is unstable.
- The main house, Viradoura and Carlinhos have Wi-Fi.
- Extra bed costs BRL 600 per person per night.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking they require a non refundable deposit of 50% of the total booked amount
- They keep the non refundable deposit as credit to be used in 1 year.
- If you cancel or modify your booking up to 30 days prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel or modify your booking within 30 prior to arrival date, they will charge a 100% cancellation fee over the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.