A renovated farmhouse..Chalet Cannelle is a spacious 200 year old cowshed and farmhouse lovingly renovated with exposed beams and original farmhouse doors as well as modern luxuries and comfort. The open plan living space with log fire and views of the Abondance valley through double height windows is a perfect spot to relax after an active day in the mountains. The chalet offers luxury accommodation for up to 14 people.
The 4 bedrooms, 4 en-suite are individual inviting retreats with fine bed linen & towels, dressing gowns and indulgent toiletries, made cosy and unique using fair trade fabrics and upcycled vintage pieces.
At Chalet Cannelle they take their passion for quality homemade food and the region's outstanding local produce seriously. You can expect a menu of traditional French specialities and modern international dishes...and they do like to offer a few contemporary twists on the classics too. The food they serve is fresh, satisfying and occasionally indulgent...you are on holiday after all!
They consider quality ingredients to be fundamental to tasty food and for this reason they have gone beyond to find the finest local sources - using local farmers and growers where ever possible and using free range meats and dairy items for their dishes.
In Winter, the chalet is a fully catered stay, breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes followed by a four course meal with wine. In Summer, the chalet is a Bed & Breakfast, with dinner offered twice a week on request.
Les Portes du SoleilLes Portes du Soleil is a major skisport destination in the Alps spread over 14 valleys between Mont Blanc in France and Lake Geneva in Switzerland. Almost all of the pistes are connected with lifts. Les Portes du Soleil is one of the 2 longest ski areas in the world. The highest point is 2400 meters and the lowest is 900 meters.
Portes du Soleil is the name of the 1950 meter-high pass connecting Margins to Les Crossets.
LocationChalet Cannelle is located in the outskirts of Chatel, calm and quiet hamlet.
How to get there
- Geneva Airport is a 1,5 hrs drive.
- By TGV from Lyon and Paris to Geneva.
- Translation Aigle or Thonon.
- Autoroute Reims - Dijon. Leave the autoroute at Annemasse and follow the signs for Thonon and Chatel.
- Autoroute through the Jura mountains and the north side of Lake Geneva - very scenic.
- Chalet Canelle is on the D22, about 2km past la Chapell d'Abondance.
FacilitiesIn Winter Chalet Cannelle offers a fully catered stay, breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés followed by a four course meal with wine. In Summer Chalet Cannelle is a Bed & Breakfast, with dinner offered twice a week on request.
ChildrenFor the little ones... they have a cosy playroom on the mezzanine, with toys, books and games. They also have a nintendo available. There is a large private garden to build a snowman in winter or play in the summer. There are no roads to worry about and the garden is overlooked by the living area and balcony for your peace of mind.
Chauffeur in / Chauffeur out serviceAfter breakfast you'll be whisked to the ski lifts by their chauffeur in/chauffeur out service. Start your day at any of the 4 ski lifts in Chatel, between a 5 and 12 minute drive away. A magnificent day in the mountains is underway...
All year round service
- Holiday concierge service on site
- Daily Housekeeping
- All the gadgets - Wi-Fi, TV, DVD, iPod connection, Nintendo Wii, English TV
- Bootwarmers, Ski & bike storage
- Real log fire
- Separate children's playroom
- Personally served daily breakfast
- Private garden
- Portes du Soleil has 650 km of terrain for skiing.
- Good mix of varied skiing terrain - picturesque greens and blues, or "The Wall" for those who want challenge.
- Less time queuing, more time skiing.
- Arrangement of lift passes, lessons & childcare.
- Personal chalet service to organise airport transfers, restaurant bookings, local tips.
- Chauffer in/out service everyday - begin your day where you want.
- Ski equipment fitted at the Chalet.
- Portes du Soleil: Cycling, hiking, climbing, paragliding.
- Members of the multipass scheme, a week pass for €10 instead of €55 for all chairlifts, pools, tennis courts and other activities.
- Excellent day trip options : The various towns of Lake Geneva (Evian, Yvoire, Montreal, Lausanne) Gruyere, Chambery, Vevey, Morzine, Avoriaz....
An alpine chic room.
An alpine chic room.
An alpine chic room.
An alpine chic room.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include Tax & service charge & city tax.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- This property is on request.
- This property is usually closed from 20th April till 20th June and from 20th September till 1st December.
- From December until 20th of April this property is fully catered (Winter time).
- This property offers B&B service for all other dates.
Summer & Winter Rates
- Summer rates are from EUR 130 per room per night based on 2 people sharing for bed and breakfast.
- Winter rates are from EUR 950 per person per week.
- Children are welcome from all ages.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee your booking they require a valid credit card.
- To guarantee your booking a 25% deposit is required.
- All credit cards are accepted except American Express.
- They also accept a bank transfer of the total amount paid in advance.
- If you cancel more than 57 days prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 56 -42 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 40% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 41 - 28 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 60% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel less than 27 days prior to arrival date they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- An early departure is a penalty of 25% of the total booked amount.
- A no show is a penalty of 100% of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.