The charm of a bygone eraStep through the great wooden doorway into a universe of refinement and elegance....
This 17th century luxury property on L'Isle sur la Sorgue presents a perfect blend of history, art and design. Just a stone's throw away from the antique stores, the best local restaurants and the colourful Provençal market on Thursdays and Sundays. The Maison Sur La Sorgue combines the charm of a bygone era with contemporary style and cutting edge technology in a stunning 17th century building.
When the mansion was renovated the 4 rooms and suites were refurbished on the 2nd floor. The entrance at 6 Rue Rose Goudard is discreet and it opens onto a succession of cool, dark rooms which look out onto a verdant garden and a swimming pool by the Sorgue river, under a majestic plane tree.
A beautiful scenery..
DiscoverDiscover the Vaucluse, its villages and vast range of landscapes. Set out on the roads and paths which criss-cross Mont Ventoux, the Luberon, and the Pays des Sorgues, between fields of lavender, and vineyards. Here, the sun shines 300 days a year, casting its rays upon abundant natural surroundings.
L’Isle sur la Sorgue is also the perfect starting point for visiting the Luberon and its hillside villages, discovering Mont Ventoux, known as the Giant of Provence and exploring its trekking paths with their breath-taking views.
The private mansion on l'Isle sur la Sorgue is perfectly located for you to discover the many facets of Provence. From the beautiful, festive city of Avignon in the west to the wilderness of the Pays de Sault in the East, this part of the Vaucluse is full of contrasts, the oasis of the Pays des Sorgues includes the villages of Isle sur la Sorgue and Fontaine de Vaucluse, where the Sorgue has its source, the vines and vineyards of the Comtat Venaissin, the wheat and lavender of the Pays de Sault…
How to get there
- Marseille Provence Marignane International Airport - 90 km.
- Avignon-Caumont Airport - 20 km.
- Avignon TGV station - 25 km.
- L'Isle sur la Sorgue station - 30 min from Avignon - 150 meters from mansion.
- A7 Motorway exit no. 25 Cavaillon coming from Marseille, Nice, Italy.
- A7 Motorway exit no. 24 Avignon Sud coming from Valence, Lyon or Paris.
- A9 Motorway exit no. 23 Remoulins coming from Montpellier, Perpignan or Spain.
- Route Nationale 7.
L'Isle sur la Sorgue
Cooking LessonsTheir chef creates a menu which changes with the seasons and the produce available at the local markets, an amuse-bouche, a starter, a main course and a dessert. A delicious way of getting to know the fruits and vegetables of the Provence. In Spring, strawberries, peas and asparagus, in Summer, figs, cherries, melons and all the ingredients of a pistou soup and in Winter, the region's famous black truffles. Cooking lessons end with a full meal, accompanied by regional wines.
- Cost: EUR 110 per person, drinks included, 6 people minimum.
- Air conditioned private mansion
- Cuisine / Cookery classes
- Heated swimming pool open in season
- Garden & terraces
- Pick up from the Airport or station on request, extra costs
- Reserve a taxi on request
- Garage / Valet parking service € 25 per day, on request
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bike rental
- An unforgettable experience
- L'Isle sur la Sorgue Provencal market Thursdays and Sundays
- Antique shops/markets
- Notre Dame des Anges
- Visiting villages in the Luberon
- Wine tasting
- Cycling tours
Room with a View
A large elegant room with chocolate tones has a free-standing bathtub.
The Loggia Room
A spacious room decorated in shades of grey with a huge private terrace.
The Greniers Suite
Enjoy a blissful holiday in this unusual suite with its terrace over two levels.
The Shadow Suite
A spacious suite with a library lounge overlooking the market place.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (EURO) EUR.
- Rates mentioned include hotel taxes and service charges.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Gipsy Suite rates mentioned include breakfast.
- They accept payment by credit card AMEX, Visa, Eurocard & Mastercard and cash.
- This property is on request.
- Pick up service on request from Airport or Train station.
- Parking in closed car park with valet service EUR 25 per day.
- Cars are not allowed in the town centre on Thursdays and Sundays from 6am to 2pm.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
Extra Bed Policy
- Extra costs for a cot for a child between 0-2 year is EUR 25 per night incl. breakfast.
- Extra cost for a bed for a child between 2-18 years or adult is EUR 80 per night incl. breakfast.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- To guarantee the booking a 50% deposit of the total booked amount will be charged on your credit card at the moment of the booking.
- They require: name, address, mobile number, credit card number with expiry date and security code.
- The deposit is refundable within the first 48 hours after the booking.
- If you cancel your booking 15 days prior to arrival date, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 14 - 7 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 7 - 0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty charge of the total booked amount.
- Credit card details shall be used to cover cancellation charges, early departures and no shows.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.