TranquilityAt Summerfields the emphasis is on comfort, relaxation and romance. They aim to do anything that they can do to make your stay special. Their staff, from the front office to housekeeping and kitchen, are formally trained. They give you the privacy that’s so important... and are always available for your needs.
The Retreat is set on a 100 hectare Macadamia, Granadilla and Litchi farm, a few kilometers west of Hazyview and a mere 12 kms from the Phabeni gate to the famous Kruger National Park. You will accommodate in luxury tented suites on the Sabie river under a canopy of Jackalberry and Tambotie trees.
The roses are a constant theme at Summerfields. They place fresh ones in every room and public areas every day. In addition they use them in the Spa, on their tables and even in the food. Of course, you're welcome to take some home with you.
Summer field's Rose Retreat & Spa offer five-star hospitality in a nature environment. Their slogan "barefoot luxury" means that you can kick off your shoes and your worries, and let them take care of you in the glorious African Bush.
Eco-friendlyThey understand that they are custodians to their riverfront property and have created a lodge with natural harmony in mind.
At Summerfields they strive to produce their own products as much as possible for the use in the restaurant, or source from reputable local suppliers. They grow most of their organic vegetables on the farm. They don't use any synthetic fertilizers or chemicals. They are Global Gap accredited and adhere to their health, safety and hygiene practices.
Phabeni gate Kruger park
How to get there
- Kruger International (Nelspruit) Airport
- Directions from Nelspruit or the Airport - Take the R40 to Hazyview.
- Directions from Pretoria – Take the N4 towards Witbank/Middelberg.
- Directions from Johannesburg – Take the N12 towards Witbank/Middelberg.
- Then join or stay on the N4 towards Middelberg, continue through Machadodorp en-route to Nelspruit.
- Head North on the R40 through White River and Hazyview.
- Continue down Main Street, Hazyview. At the Perry's Bridge stop, turn left on the R536 towards Sabie. Summerfields Estate is 4.5 km from there.
- Follow the Summerfields sign boards and turn right into the Summerfields parking area.
R536 Hazyview-Sabie road
SpaVisit their unique Rose and Organic Spa and experience a total escape from your daily life routines. Go above and beyond the normal and take your imagination to a place where nature's unspoiled beauty and peace allows you to totally relax your body and mind thus refreshing your soul and strengthening your inner being.
DiningDining at Summerfields is a gastronomic experience. They pride themselves on their attention to detail, from the carefully prepared menus to the table settings. They carry the romance of Summerfields through to the River Café and the Summerfields Kitchen and you can be assured of fresh roses and flowers.
River CaféThe River Café is a glorious culinary space in idyllic surroundings, reached via a forested walk, across a stone bridge and set on the banks of the Sabie River, where you can often see and hear hippos.
Activities on the EstateActivities on the 100 ha estate include guided tours of the rose production, walks through the macadamia plantations or along the river bank, sunset hippo gazing from the river pool deck, and our weekly parkrun on Saturday mornings.
Activities in the LowveldThings To Do . . . in the Lowveld near the Kruger National Park Activities by Kruger/Lowveld Adventure Centre Microlight Flights.
- Horse Riding
- Reptile Park Sunset Cruise
- White Water Rafting
- Climbing Wall
- Boat Cruise Zipline (Foefie Slide)
- Elephant Rides
- Scenic Flights
- Cheetah Park
- Quad Biking
Activities by Induna Adventures
- White Water Rafting
- Quad Biking
- Teambuilding Zipline (Foefie Slide)
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking Hiking
- Mountain Boarding
Luxury tented suites
Luxury tented suites surrounded by the music of nature.
Rates : on request
- Rates mentioned are per person per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in (South African Rand) ZAR.
- Single Rate charges extra 500 ZAR supplement.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned include hotel taxes.
- Rates mentioned exclude service charges, city taxes and 1% tourism tax.
- Rates mentioned are indicative rates and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Payment by credit card with no creditcard charges are (MasterCard, Visa, Diner's, American Express).
- Bed & Breakfast: 2,690 ZAR pp/pns
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast: 2,995.00 ZAR pp/pns
- Full Board: 3,145.00 ZAR pp/pns
- Low season from January 15th - July 31st.
- High season from August 1st - January 14th.
- This property is on request.
- This property welcomes children from 13 years and older.
Extra Bed Policy
- Extra bed Adult / Child costs 500 ZAR p.p.p.n. including Breakfast.
Child PolicyAs Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa is the ideal place for a relaxing and romantic stay, it's not really conducive to having young children around. They therefore only accept bookings for children above 13.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- To guarantee the booking a refundable deposit of 50% of the total booked amount is required.
- If you cancel more than 22 days prior to arrival date, they will not charge a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 21 - 14 days prior to the arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% over the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 13 - 0 days prior to the arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% over the total booked amount.
- A no-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.