Beauty and tranquililtyPousada Picinguaba is one of the natural beauties of Casas na Terra. At Picinguaba, everything appears to be in perfect harmony. Here they keep things calm by having only 9 rooms and 1 master suite with bathtub and an incomparable view. Their rooms do not come with televisions, telephones or internet service, but instead have a private veranda for guests to connect to the ocean and forest from the gentle swing of a hammock. The rooms are intended for single or double occupancy but some can be equipped with an extra bed if desired.
- Casas na Terra - hospitality and much more
"We are Nature. This is our big common home, our house. The house is the place that gathers, that nurtures the human family, where we care, and we are being cared for"For years they have been creating opportunities for people to meet with the riches of Brazil – its exuberant nature, the beauty of its inhabitants, its culture of tolerance. Now, they are uniting their actions and intentions into a unique large home: Casas na Terra. They are inspiring themselves from Nature to write their own story. The bees work together to preserve the life in the hive and spread the energy of fertility through the Earth. From what they teach us, they understand our deep values: love and action. It is time to go from intention to action. They want to radiate our purpose to re-signify what life is really about and act to unite people who, like us, are looking to walk ahead, sharing and acting together in harmony. Casas na Terra aren’t just places, they are laboratories of change. A journey to our inner center.
The people who are the original heritage of the placeThe guardians are the people — people who were born here or who made this place home. At the fishermen’s village, all embrace the riches kept by the Brazilian earth and sea. Guardians are those who cherish the desire to settle here, to protect and preserve the the traditions of simple living and warm welcomes. You will meet them, Oséias, Luciana, Tomas, Félix, Tartaruga, Fabíola, Tati, Maycon and Cirilo.
Atlantic Forest Natural ParkPicinguaba is located on the only
part of the Serra do Mar State Park that reaches the beach. It is a
magical place between the Atlantic Forest and the ocean.
How to get therePicinguaba is located 30 miles from Paraty, half-way between Rio and São Paulo. There is no direct car access to the hotel, which is a 5 minute's walk up the hills from the beach.
Experience the Picinguaba way of life..
Sea and ForestTime flows softly at Picinguaba. Despite this, it will still seem as though there is not enough time to take in everything the fishermen’s village and its surrounding region has to offer. Boats, kayaks and stand-up paddles take you to deserted beaches; walks through the forest teach you about the calls of birds that echo in the green and reveal landscapes and waterfalls. Native dwellers invite you to fish scallops and taste the entire potency of their flavor. Trips to neighboring towns such as Paraty teach you more about culture, history and everything they define as richness.
Living in the sea
Sunset on the beach
Traditional canoeing in the mangrove
Eat & Dine
From the nets of the local fishermen to your table
A private casa tucked away perfect for couples or families.
Unique decorated double bedrooms with beautiful views.
A beautiful spacious honeymoon suite with a private jacuzzi.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Brazilian Real (BRL).
- Rates mentioned include breakfast.
- Rates mentioned exclude taxes and service charges.
- Rates mentioned are starting prices and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Possibility of private hire of the whole hotel, prices on request.
- They accept bookings with a minimum stay of 2 nights.
Extra Bed Policy
- Additional bed / cot is free of charge.
- Children under 5 years share the room with their parents for free.
- Children from 5 years and older, are considered adult for calculations of daily rates.
- Some of the rooms have an extra bed for a child.
- Pets are not allowed.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- They accept Visa, MasterCard, American Expres.
- All cancellation requests must be send per email.
- If you cancel or modify the booking over 30 days prior to arrival date, they charge a cancellation fee of 10% of the deposit.
- If you cancel between 30-15 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount including taxes.
- If you cancel between 14-0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount including taxes.
- A no-show or early departure is a penalty fee of 100% of the total booked amount including taxes.
- Early check-out is subject to availability.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.