Luxury private villa hotelHamadryade Lodge is a luxurious boutique hotel located in the High Amazon region, near Puerto Misahualli. This ecosystem, even if it is still the Amazonian Rainforest, is very different that the one in lower regions. Hamadryade is at 500 mts altitude with hills and small mountains. Therefore, the climate remains pleasant all year round (24°C in average), and the absence of swamps allows an easier access to the more remote zones of primary Rainforest, and of course the most positive consequence, is that they do not suffer from the presence of mosquitoes and malaria.
Ecological hotel swimming pool
At the Hamadryade Lodge, each luxurious guest bungalow is a
harmonious alliance between tradition and modern design, and features
crisp timber detailing alongside designer furniture and local artfacts.
All rooms boast contemporary bathrooms, rainwater showers, handmade
Amazonian bath amenities and spectacular Rainforest views.
100% renewable energy (hydro) - 100% rainwater - 100% wáter recycled (bio-tanks). They have 64 hectares under protection and are ethno-friendly (working only with local communities, employees and projects).
The french owners, Sebastien Cazaudehore & Ambre Franrenet, will welcome you in this hidden paradise and will make your stay the highlight of your trip.
Directions coming from Quito
- Guayasamin Tunnel to Cumbaya.
- Follow the Cumbaya / Pifo direction.
- There is only one road from Pifo to Baeza, passing through Pappallacta and Cuyuja (Quito – Baeza : 100 km / 1h45).
- After Police control, follow the Tena direction (on the right) through Baeza, Cosanga, Archidona and then Tena (Baeza – Tena : 80 km / 1h45).
- Go through Tena, pass the hospital and drive another 4 kms to Puerto Napo.
- At the entrance of Puerto Napo, before the bridge, turn left on the Puerto Misahualli Road.
- Drive 11 km to the entrance of the Lodge.
- You arrive directly to the Puerto Napo bridge.
- Cross the bridge and then turn right in Puerto Napo and follow the Puerto Misahualli Road.
- Drive 11 km to the entrance of the lodge.
Venecia IZ – Provincia de Napo
Arrival at The Lodge
First day arrival at the lodgeThe first glance at the lodge, after climbing a road through the Rainforest, will take your breath away. The view over the endless jungle and the Rio Napo will set the ambiance for your stay. They then welcome you for lunch at the lodge in our panoramic restaurant. In the afternoon, relax in their ozone treated rain water swimming pool, or walk 800 meters to visit one of the largest butterfly gardens in Ecuador.
The butterfly garden is an eco-project they built that aims at repopulating the area with an increasing number of butterflies over various species. The native apprentices that work there will be happy to show you how they care to these insects and help you understand every step of its incredible life. You also have the possibility of enjoying a soothing massage next to the fire in their outdoor typical massage room.
Every night of your stay, savor our chef’s fusion cuisine by the candle, with perhaps a bottle of his selected wine. Then sip a cocktail in the lounge or get some rest for tomorrow’s activity.
Last daySleep in as long as you wish, then after a healthy breakfast and maybe a stop at their fair trade boutique for some souvenirs, get ready for departure which is 10:00 am.
Things to do
Jatun Sacha (full day)
For youngsters or elders
Valle Hermoso (full day)Visit their neighbors, the Quechua indigenous community of Valle Hermoso in Machacu Yacu. There you will be welcomed by the natives who will show you how they live their everyday life in the jungle, and take you on a walk to one of the family’s residence.
Chiripuno Community (half day or full day)
Huaorani Community (full day)They offer you a privileged access to this mysterious ethnic group, hidden deep in the Rainforest. This full day visit includes a lunch on the river side with your guide.
Amazoonico Animal Center (full day)Depart from the lodge in the morning to go on a canoe trip on the Rio Napo and Rio Arajuno towards the animal rescue center Amazoonico, where you can see various animals as the famous tigrillo, different types of monkeys, numerous birds and other wild life. Then visit the traditional Quechua Museum that presents many artifacts and explanations about the Quechua people’s way of life in the Rainforest. Come back for lunch in the village of Misahualli. And then take a walk from the village to see the 6 centuries old three called Papa Pununo or come back to the lodge to relax in their ozone treated rain water swimming pool.
Rafting day (full day)You may choose between a class IV, III or II (for families with small children) depending on your desire for wild sensations. This full day of adventure through amazing canyons includes a lunch on the beach.
Night walk (considered like half day)Right after diner, their guide will meet you at the lodge and take you on a short walk in their Rainforest backyard. The jungle is always a little bit more lively at night.
Ceibo (half day)Take a walk from the village of Misahualli to see the 6 centuries old three called Papa Pununo.
Las Latas Falls (half day)Follow a marked trail up the mountain to see one of the nicest wonders of the region. Don’t forget to bring your swimming suit!
Tubing on the misahualli river (half day)Tube down the lower section of the Misahualli river, and enjoy the breathtaking sceneries nature has to offer. The few rapids on this class II section, will make this ride an exciting one.
They have 4 spacious bungalows and 1 deluxe bungalow, ideal for families.
room per night (incl. tax)
You not only discover an eco-lodge, but also an ethno-lodge.
room per night (incl. tax)
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in US Dollars (USD).
- Additional rates are not included in total booking price.
- Rates mentioned include taxes.
- Rates mentioned include breakfast and dinner.
Extra Rate Information
For Suite Bungalow
- Single room rates are USD 265 p.p.p.n.
- Triple room rates are USD 440 p.p.p.n.
For Deluxe Bungalow
- Single room rates are USD 400 p.p.p.n.
- Triple room rates are USD 600 p.p.p.n.
- Quad room rates are USD 700 p.p.p.n.
- Quintuple room rates are USD 800 p.p.p.n.
- Sextuple room rates are USD 900 p.p.p.n,
Extra Person/Child Policy
- Extra bed for adult is USD 100 per night.
- Extra bed for child, 8 years & under is USD 30 per night.
- Extra infant, 2 years & under is free.
- Telephone calls and boutique purchases.
- Champagnes, wines, liquors and all other soft or alcoholic beverages.
- Health spa treatments.
- Certain special meal requests.
- To guarantee the booking a valid creditcard is required.
- To garantee the booking they require a deposit of 50% of the total booked amount, 31 days prior to arrival date.
- The booking is not confirmed or secure until the deposit requirement has been met.
- Hamadryade Lodge reserves the right to automatically release any accomodation being held where the required deposit has not been received within the stated period.
- Outstanding balance is to be paid directly to the hotel in local currency.
- They accept American Express, Diners Club, Master card & Visa.
- If you cancel from 60 days (14:00 h local time) to 32 days (14:00h local time) prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel 31 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty fee of the total booked amount.
- The cancellation policy is based on the hotel’s local time (GMT-5).
After a bumpy ride on a remote road we arrived at Hamadryade Lodge, a hidden gem in the rainforrest. First of all the warm hosts and the beautiful scenery was overwhelming. We were there for our honeymoon and it was great surrounded by nature. The food is great it is a mix of French and typical Ecuador food. The bungalows are comfy like home away from home. A place to remember.