Treehotel – Luleå River ValleyThe Treehotel offers you a unique hotel experience: 6 different types of tree rooms with contemporary design in the middle of unspoiled nature. Here you can forget about the time constraints of everyday life, enjoy the serenity and rejuvenate in a sophisticated yet familiar environment.
Treehotel is located in Harads, about 70 km from Luleå airport and 40 km upstream from Boden. The village has a population of about 600 and features a restaurant, shop and a guest house.
When you arrive at Treehotel, you check in first at Britta’s Guesthouse. Then it’s just a short stroll through the beautiful nature to your tree room. From Treehotel’s rooms you get a fantastic view of the Lule River valley, miles of forest and the powerful river. Breakfast is included in the room price and along with other meals are avaible at Brittas.
Britta and Kent who own the Treehotel have built a modern hotel with the best of Swedish style and design. They are also now famous however for the warm and cosy atmosphere, their hospitality and most importantly the glorious home cooked meals.
Upcoming is the the 7th room (available from 20th of January, 2017. As you near the seventh room from below and look up at the sky, the entire underside of the building is covered by a life size photograph of the treetops as they looked before the room was put in place. This clever camouflage piques one’s curiosity....
The ConceptWhy not create a hotel that gives people a chance to experience nature amongst the tree-tops, while also providing a uniquely designed housing experience? These questions led to the creation of Treehotel in Harads – a place where nature, ecological values, comfort and modern design are combined for an exciting adventure.
Treehotel was inspired by the film ”The Tree Lover” by Jonas Selberg Augustsen. It’s a tale of three men from the city who want to go back to their roots by building a tree house together. “The Tree Lover” is a philosophic story about the significance of trees for us human beings.
The idea behind Treehotel is to offer high-standard accommodation in a harmonious place where daily stress melts away. Guests can relax and renew their energy while surrounded by unspoiled nature.
Eco-friendlyTreehotel is built on the genuine
experience of nature, so it’s a given that sustainability and ecological
values are two pillars of their hotel operation.
They build their treerooms in the natural forest while hardly affecting the surroundings. They choose material and construction techniques that make as little environmental impact as possible. They build on live trees without destroying the tree and they do not chop down any trees or damage nature while building. Mostly they use local construction companies.
They have chosen an eco outdoor wood floor, which doesn´t contain any chemical substances. The wood is heated to over 200 degrees, which triggers their intrinsic resistance to protect against destruction.
The Boreal ForestTreehotel is located in the boreal forest approximately an hour by car from Luleå (Kallax) airport. They want to make sure you get here safely. Here are the options they recommend:
Car ServiceA comfortable way to get from the airport to our doorstep. Book through their online booking system or email email@example.com for more info.
Price per car, one way (4 people max) SEK 1850.
Car RentalBook through any of the major car rental companies. Price: ranging from SEK 1000 – 2000 per day.
Meet and Greet and Guided Tour ServiceThe very best way to be introduced to Swedish Lapland. A guided tour from Luleå to the Tree Hotel in Harads. On the tour to Harads their guides will introduce you to a wide range of interesting places along the Luleå river valley and convey information about the region, its people and its history.
- 2 or 3 person SEK 898 per person.
- 4 or 5 person SEK 745 per person.
- 6,7 or 8 person SEK 744 per person.
960 24 Harads
Treehotel activities all year round...There are a wide range of activities at the Treehotel in summer and winter.
A Snowmobile Safari (winter only)Enjoy a fantastic adventure that starts at the airport and ends with something hot to drink at the Treehotel. Snowmobile rental, guide and all necessary equipment is included in the price. The trip takes 7-8 hours and you drive a snowmobile. Two persons sharing one snowmobile. They recommend starting no later than 9:30 in the morning
- A speed sensation - skijoring behind a horse: 2hrs
- Snug sleigh ride: 3 hrs
- Ice-fishig on the Luleå River: 3hrs
- Ice dining: 3hrs
- Forest spa: 3hrs
- Snow shoes tour: 3 or 5 hrs
- Build your own iglo: 9hrs
- Meet Father Christmas: 1hr
- Dog sled tour: 2-3 hrs or day tour
- Midnight ride with wonderful taste sensations: 4hrs
- Fishing in lakes and small river: 4hrs
- Fishing on the Luleå River: 4hrs
- Nature trek: 4hrs
- Sea kayak day - Luleå River: tour 5 hrs
- Mountain bike forest trail: 4hrs
- Moose safari: 3hrs
- Ski resort Storklinten: 3 to 6 hrs
Number and type of Restaurants / BarsRestaurant and bar is available at Brittas guesthouse which is also the reception for the Treehotel.
Sauna / Spa / WellnessThere are two sauna houses with relax room. One with a single sauna and one with two saunas.
Luleå airport-Treehotel pricing (one way):
- R44 - 3 passengers - SEK 7500
- EC 120 - 4 passengers - SEK 9300
- AS 350 - 6 passengers - SEK 13500
Treehotel - Icehotel Kiruna pricing (one way):
- R44 - 3 passengers - SEK 18340
- EC 120 - 4 passengers - SEK 23800
- AS 350 - 6 passengers - SEK 28500
Private jetThey can help arrange all necessary landing permits. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info and pricing.
Dragonfly has big panoramic windows with magnificent view of the valley.
The Bird's Nest
Experience a gigantic bird’s nest and become part of the surroundings.
The Blue Cone
The Blue Cone is based on simplicity and accessibility for famliy with 2 children.
A platform high up on a sharp hillside overlooking the Lule River valley.
The Mirrorcube has a double bed, bathroom, lounge, and rooftop terrace.
The incredible Ufo is built for a family of 2 adults and 3 children.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned for the Dragonfly are per room per night based on 2-4 people sharing.
- Rates mentioned are in Swedish Kroner (SEK).
- Rates mentioned include VAT.
- Rates mentioned include buffet breakfast.
- This hotel is on request.
- A buffet dinner is SEK 340.
- Single occupancy rates are on request.
- Infants 0-2 years stay free.
- Children ages 3 years and older stay for SEK 450 per child per night.
Extra Person Policy
- Blue Cone, Birds Nest & Ufo SEK 850 per night.
- Blue Cone, Birds Nest & Ufo SEK 450 per night.
- Infant 0-2 years are free of charge
Single Occupancy rates
- The Cabin SEK 4000 per night.
- The Mirrorcube SEK 4000 per night.
- The Bird's Nest SEK 4000 per night.
- The Blue Cone SEK 4000 per night.
- The Ufo SEK 4000 per night.
- To guarantee the booking the total payment will be done at the time of the booking.
- After payment has been accepted you will receive a confirmation of the booking.
- If you cancel 28 days or more prior to the arrival date, they charge a cancellation fee of 10% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 27 - 12 days prior to the arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 25% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 11 - 2 days prior to the arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 1 - 0 days prior to the arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount, no reimbursement.
Best Adventure ever!
Stay at least 2 nights if you really want to experience an Ufo. The first night its full of excitement and WoW's, the second night you experience the Ufo. It's unique and the kids love it, more or less a dream come true.