Soul and Mind..
Ideal for solo travellers, couples, or friends, our physically stimulating programs sculpt the body & mind with sub alpine hiking, vinyasa yoga, and dynamic movement.
Programs include nutrient dense vegetarian cuisine, healing bodywork, daily mindfulness practice. Your diligent attention to wellness will be rewarded with a youthful embodiment of exceptional health. If a shift is needed, you have found a Refreshing Elixir.
12 Eco suites and 6 Monastic singlesThey have 12 Eco boutique suites and 8 Monastic singles. For groups the target size is 14 guests for 5-7 days retreats. They can have up to 80 guests for a 1-day event. Each retreat has an 8 person minimum.
Eco-friendlyThe vision is Zen inspired luxury, where the luxury comes from intelligent design, function of space, and exceptional programming, rather than opulence or excess.
Rooms are well appointed and have a sustainable, ecologically friendly story. Furnished in a refined, uncluttered manner. Recycled timbers, woven natural dyed blankets, organic cotton linen, New Zealand wool floor rugs and natural latex mattresses. There are desks for journaling and spaces for reading. Rooms are well lit and all have views.
“Aro Hā will bring people together to learn about nature, the world, and ultimately about themselves. Aro Hā models a transitional path toward a regenerative relationship with the planet. They have done their best to design a place that meets the needs of the present without compromising the future.” Damian Chaparro, Aro Hā Partner.
South Island of New Zealand..Aro Hā is located on the South Island of New Zealand, 40 minutes drive from Queenstown.
- Aro Hā shuttle service is provided from Queenstown Airport & downtown Queenstown.
- Queenstown Airport pickup 12 noon.
- Domestic arrivals will head toward baggage claim pickup point.
- International arrivals will pick up baggage, clear customs, and head toward domestic baggage claim pickup point.
- Downtown Queenstown pickup 12:30 pm outside Novotel Queenstown Lakeside Hotel.
- If you are self-driving please arrive between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm.
- Transfers can be arranged outside of these times if needed.
- Back to Queenstown by 11:45 am and to Queenstown Airport by 12 noon.
Flying from North AmericaIs Queenstown feeling far away? You might be surprised. If you live on the West Coast of the US, or Canada, for instance, it’s much easier to get to New Zealand than it is to Europe, for several reasons:
1. The flights leave in the evening, so you can sleep on the way.
2. There is only a three hour difference between Pacific Time and NZ Time (minimal jet lag).
3. You can fly with Air New Zealand or Virgin Australia, both excellent airlines.
Your top two connecting cities will be Auckland and Sydney, both requiring about the same air travel time to Queenstown. Air New Zealand operates several direct flights to Auckland from Vancouver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Hawaii all leaving in the evening, taking about 12 hours and arriving in New Zealand in the morning. There are even more direct flights to Sydney, which also provides direct flights to Queenstown.
Flying from AustraliaWhen flying from there you’re sorted. It’s cheap and there are direct 3 hour flights from most major cities on the east coast. Use airport code ZQN to search flights on Qantas, Virgin, Air New Zealand, and Emirates. Get in touch if you need assistance.
Flying from EuropeIf you’re coming from Europe, yes, you have a long way to go, and you’re probably no stranger to traveling. There are a couple “direct” options, but they all involve stopping for refuel. Check Air New Zealand (Star Alliance), British Airways, Qantas, and Emirates. Depending on how you slice it, expect two flights of around 11 hours each. The great thing is, those flights are generally in the evening. Which means if you do it right, you can travel in the most comfortable way possible - fast asleep!
Core features of a Wellness Adventure..They believe in unearthing the essentials of wellness and packaging those essentials into concise experiences that are proven to yield exceptional results.
- Sub Alpine hiking
- World heritage surroundings
- Integrated mindfulness practices
- Whole foods vegetarian menu
- Un-cooking classes
- Functional strength training
- Daily Aro Hā Massage
- Contrast Spa therapy
- A purpose built secluded facility
- Zen inspired eco
- Small groups
- Harvard researchers have found we spend 46.9% of waking hours with a wandering mind, and this makes us unhappy. Mindfulness is a proven technique for dealing with stress, anxiety, and frustration. Practicing stillness connects us with a deep reservoir of intuitive wisdom.
- At Aro Hā Mindfulness is sprinkled into your daily practices. Mindful sitting, walking, and eating will improve focus, build emotional intelligence, and help to uncover your innate joy.
- Those living in isolation of friends and family have 4-6 times the chance of dying prematurely.
- At Aro Hā they spend time connecting with our bodies, our environment, and ourselves. They share their adventure within a small group and create genuine friendships.
- A healthy gut is required for a healthy body and mind. From hydration, to probiotics, to alkalinity, we build health from the digestive system outward.
- At Aro Hā they eat a rainbow of vegetarian cuisine. Paleo friendly, gluten free, dairy free, and enzymatically active, they feed the body a diet rich in trace minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. You will be absolutely astonished by how delicious cleansing can be.
- Movement increases endorphins and feel-good brain chemistry. It reduces stress hormones cortisol & adrenaline. Exercise makes us all feel good, and is even a proven remedy for depression & anxiety.
- At Aro Hā they blend movement with nature, spirit, and playfulness. You’ll practice yoga, pilates, interval training, and climbing mountains. They believe movement is a cornerstone of health. They move so that everything else becomes easy.
- 700 new chemicals introduced into our environment each year.
- Approximately 80,000 chemicals in use world wide.
- The average western newborn baby has 287 known chemicals in their umbilical cord blood.
- While there is a greater issue that our society needs to remedy, at Aro Hā we minimize your personal chemistry experiment by supporting the elimination of toxins, and minimizing incoming toxic load
- The choices we make each day affect our brains, our bodies, and our minds. Whether looking at Epigenetics, Neuroplasticity, nutrition, or mindfulness the message is clear, we can promote healing physically & emotionally, or we can create illness.
What to bring
- Wind proof, water resistant jacket, and pants.
- Down jacket or similar for colder nights and early mornings.
- Thermal under-layers, shorts, and lightweight athletic breathable layers. Weather can change during the day here quite a bit so layers are best.
- Hydration day backpack. You need ability to carry 2 litres of water per day.
- Yoga / exercise clothing – whatever you normally wear.
- Trail runners, or hiking boots (if they’re well worn).
- Slip on shoes to wear between buildings.
- Gloves, and hats for warmth and sun protection.
- Sun glasses / sunscreen & insect repellent.
- Swimsuit, swimming costume, togs, or budgie smugglers.
- Personal toiletries.
- They encourage you to pack light.
Eco Suite shared room king
Eco suites with Zen inspired luxury.
Monastic eco singles
Single eco suite with Zen inspired luxury.
Eco Suite private room king
Spacious and extremely comfortable Private eco suite.
- Rates mentioned are per person per 5 days/4 nights retreat unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in New Zealand dollars (NZD).
- Rates mentioned are all-inclusive rates.
- Rates mentioned include transfer from Queenstown Airport/downtown Queenstown inclusive.
- Wellness adventure rates for 6 days/5 nights and 7 days/6 nights are on request.
All inclusive rates for 2016
- Eco Suite shared room king for 5 days/4 nights: NZD 4550 p.p.
- Monastic Eco singles for 5 days/4 nights: NZD 4850 p.p.
- Eco Suite private room king for 5 days/4 nights: NZD 5450 p.p.
- Aro Hā is on request.
Extra Bed Policy
- No extra beds available.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- To guarantee the booking they ask for full payment 30 days prior to arrival date.
- If you cancel your booking more than 30 days prior to arrival date they will charge you no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 30-7 days prior to arrival date, they will charge you a cancellation fee of 50% of the booked amount.
- If you cancel between 7-0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge you a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty charge of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.