A very traditional and authentic Riad..
And as tradition ditches, the Ryad Talaa 12 has its own hammam, a steam bath whose water comes from ancient roman thermal springs. Today guests can enjoy treatments with black soap before a traditional face scrub.
The ryad has 8 spacious rooms that accommodate a maximum of 16 to 18 persons.
LocationBen Youssef District. Easily accessible on foot or by taxi, Talaa 12 is near the Marrakech museum, the Merdesa Ben Youssef (Koranic School), the Ben Youssef Mosque, the Kouba, at the entrance to the souks and a 5 min. walk from Jemaa El Fna square. Guarded parking 2 min. away.
How To Get There
By PlaneFrom Europe Transavia (transavia.com), Royal Air Maroc (royalairmaroc.com), EasyJet (easyjet.com) and Ryanair (ryanair.com) fly into Marrakech’s Menara Airport. Taxis from the airport to the city centre take 20 minutes and cost around EURO 12. Make sure you agree a price before setting off to avoid being overcharged.
By TrainThe Moroccan state railway, ONCF (once.ma), runs inexpensive (but limited) services to Marrakech from Casablanca, Fez and Tangier. Look for TCR (Train Climatisé Rapide) trains to guarantee an air-conditioned journey in summer. You’ll find plenty of taxis waiting at the city’s charming, if slightly run-down, station on Avenue Hassan II.
By CarDriving in Marrakech can be horn-filled and hectic, but if you insist, hire a car from the Avis (avis.com) desk at the airport. To reach the hotel follow, Avenue de la Menara to the city centre. There’s a guarded car park two minutes from the hotel.
Around the Ryad…The residence is decorated in subtle, refined colours and materials for a serene, relaxing atmosphere. In a magnificent courtyard of orange and palm trees, an aromatic garden surrounds the fountain. Broad terraces offer a 360° view of the medina and its menzeh (high tower) overlooking the museum of Marrakech, the Ben Youssef Medersa and the souks, with the Atlas mountains in the backdrop.
- Evening "table d'hôtes".
- Traditional hammam.
- Swedish or Moorish massage.
- Car, bicycle, moped hire.
- Cultural tour of Marrakech with a professional guide.
- Guests of Talaa 12 are allowed to use the beautiful swimming pool area of Le Palais Paysan.
- Bookings for play with caddies at the Marrakech golf clubs (+ transfer of clubs).
- Excursions to the Atlas of the Moroccan South with specialists: High Atlas Massif, Valley of the Dades, visit to the kasbahs, Waterfalls of Ouzoud, Essaouira, Ouarzazate...
- Organization of events, themed stays, anniversaries or weddings, party meals, drinks parties - with musicians, dancers, traditional henna ceremony.
No hustle and bustle.
Homely and quiet.
- Rates mentioned are per room per night based on 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Rates mentioned are in Euro (EUR).
- Rates mentioned include daily Moroccan breakfast.
- Rates mentioned exclude taxes and service charges.
- Rates mentioned exclude city taxes (EUR 3 per person per night).
- Rates mentioned include your arrival transfer from the airport.
- This property is open all year round.
- This hotel is on request.
- The whole Ryad can be rented out at a price to be negotiated on request.
Extra Bed Information
- Extra bed charge is EUR 85 per night.
- Pets are not allowed.
Forms of payment
- American Express
- A 5% transaction fee will be added to credit card payments.
- To guarantee the booking a valid credit card is required.
- If you cancel between 30 - 21 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 30% of the total booked amount.
- If you cancel between 20 - 11 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the booked amount.
- If you cancel between 10 - 0 days prior to arrival date, they will charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booked amount.
- A no show or early departure is a 100% penalty charge of the total booked amount.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review this hotel by clicking on the "Write Review" button above.